Author Topic: cPanel Addons (Password, Forward & Vacation) for v0.2  (Read 47930 times)

Offline Nemesis02

cPanel Addons (Password, Forward & Vacation) for v0.2
« on: May 15, 2008, 11:10:03 PM »
UPDATED FOR v0.2-stable

Current Version: 1.1.1

This addon gives Roundcube the ability to change passwords, forward email and create vacation messages or also known as auto-responders.

Tested on Roundcube v0.2-stable and works.
Has been tested and works with cPanel 11 w/ X3 theme.

This addon does NOT require any additional libraries, such as curl.  It works with pure PHP.

If you find this plugin/modification to Roundcube useful and would like to make
a donation via paypal.  Please feel free to do so, send all donations to:
nemesis@nodeka411.net

Thanks.

Update:
v1.1.1 - Updated README for v0.2-stable
v1.1 - updated to work with v0.2-beta & Rev 2076.
v1.0 - initial release

Note:
  • If you do not use the X3 theme for cPanel and your hosting provider uses a custom theme.  Visit http://yourdomain:2095/  which is your webmail.  Your site should forward to like http://yourdomain:2095/webmail//?login=1 once you log in.  In your program/include/cpanel.php file you'll see a variable that says this 'var $path = "webmail/x3/mail";'.  So replace x3 with .
Download: RoundCube Webmail Forum - RoundCube Forum Community Downloads - cPanel Addon (Password, Forward & Vacation) v1.1.1
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 09:18:26 PM by Nemesis02 »

Offline josesalasg

cPanel
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 10:37:55 AM »
I am not speak English....

Estimado, necesariamente tengo que usar el Cpanel para poder usar el vacation ??
Lo pregunto para saber de donde bajarlo.

At.

José.

Offline Nemesis02

SVN R1395 - cPanel Addons (Password, Forward & Vacation)
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 12:12:27 PM »

Estimado, necesariamente tengo que usar el Cpanel para poder usar el vacation ??
Lo pregunto para saber de donde bajarlo.

At.

José.

Quote from: Translation

I'm guessing i need to use cPanel to use the vacation? I ask to know where to download it.

At.

José.

Hola, mi espanol es asi asi, pero si, para este modificacion usa cPanel para comunicar con los servicios.  cPanel es una programa que necessitas pagar por, no es gratis.  Los companias que vende espacio para la internet son los que tambien dar informacion para tu cPanel cuenta cuando compras espacio para la internet.

Roger.

Quote from: Translation

Hello, my spanish is a little off, but yes, this modification uses cPanel to communicate with the services.  cPanel is a program that you have to pay for, its not free.  The web hosting companies are the ones that also give you information for your cPanel account when you buy web space.

Roger

Offline emphyrio

stable
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 03:01:20 AM »
This plugin sounds great! Many people on shared hosting are on Cpanel. Little question:
Does it work on the latest stable version of Roundcube as well? Or do I just have to try :-)

Offline Nemesis02

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 03:18:01 AM »
Quote from: emphyrio;12221
This plugin sounds great! Many people on shared hosting are on Cpanel. Little question:
Does it work on the latest stable version of Roundcube as well? Or do I just have to try :-)

No, it doesn't work with the latest stable, it works with the latest development release of RoundCube.  There has been many changes to the framework for roundcube, and i decided to do the latest development in anticipation of it becoming the newest stable release.

I haven't really had any problems with the development copy as of yet, but i really haven't used it a lot either, just every day use, checking once or twice a day.

Offline emphyrio

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 03:45:21 AM »
Thanks, I'll install the latest development and try your plugin with that.

Offline Nemesis02

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 12:25:44 PM »
Quote from: emphyrio;12223
Thanks, I'll install the latest development and try your plugin with that.

If you're unsure about the development copy, what I'd recommend doing is leaving the stable copy in place, install the development to a seperate folder and do the plugin.

That way if anything goes wrong, you won't loose your stable install.

Offline emphyrio

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 03:42:20 PM »
Did exactly what you recommended: clean install in a new directory. The new tabs are available, unfortunately they don't seem to work. They all say they're succesfull after clicking Save, but the password remains unchanged, forwarder or vacation message aren't set.

I think it's because Bluehost doesn't use X3 theme, but it has a custom developed 'bluehost' theme for Cpanel 11.

Do you have any pointers how I can make the necessary changes to your scripts? I'd love to get it working.

Offline Nemesis02

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 03:57:51 PM »
Quote from: emphyrio;12240
Did exactly what you recommended: clean install in a new directory. The new tabs are available, unfortunately they don't seem to work. They all say they're succesfull after clicking Save, but the password remains unchanged, forwarder or vacation message aren't set.

I think it's because Bluehost doesn't use X3 theme, but it has a custom developed 'bluehost' theme for Cpanel 11.

Do you have any pointers how I can make the necessary changes to your scripts? I'd love to get it working.

There's a class that you'll need to change a bit.  Look at:
program/include/cpanel.php

You should see the following line:
var $path "webmail/x3/mail";

It does not use the normal cPanel, it uses the webmail cPanel.  For example, when i visit my webmail, http://www.example.com/webmail it forwards me to http://www.example.com:2095/

Once i successfully log in, it forwards me:
http://www.example.com:2095/webmail/x3/

Now hovering over any of the links across the bottom, for example, forwarding options, shows that it goes to:
http://www.example.com:2095/webmail/x3/mail/fwds.html

which is where the mail at the end comes from at the end of that $path variable.

Offline emphyrio

that simple
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 02:15:55 AM »
I just had to change 'x3' to 'bluehost' for $path and I was done :)
Thanks! It works like a charm!

Offline blair.sawler

SVN Question
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 11:47:27 PM »
Thanks for this, I have been looking for the Auto-Responder for quite some time. Can you tell me what the "Server" field is on the latest SVN, or where I can get the documentation on the SVN releases? Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum.

Any help is appreciated.

Offline Nemesis02

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 12:01:09 AM »
Quote from: blair.sawler;12266
Thanks for this, I have been looking for the Auto-Responder for quite some time. Can you tell me what the "Server" field is on the latest SVN, or where I can get the documentation on the SVN releases? Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum.

Any help is appreciated.

What server field are you talking about?

Offline blair.sawler

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2008, 12:11:25 AM »
Quote from: Nemesis02;12267
What server field are you talking about?

It is on the main login screen. I have attached a screen capture.

Offline Nemesis02

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2008, 12:14:04 AM »
Thats if you don't have the config set to a static server, it'll show that.  Since i have mine on static, it doesn't show.

Offline blair.sawler

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2008, 06:28:01 AM »
Quote from: Nemesis02;12269
Thats if you don't have the config set to a static server, it'll show that.  Since i have mine on static, it doesn't show.

Okay, thanks. The Stable version does not do that. Do you know where you set the static server?