Author Topic: cPanel Addons (Password, Forward & Vacation) for v0.2  (Read 48144 times)

Offline blair.sawler

SVN R1395 - cPanel Addons (Password, Forward & Vacation)
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2008, 07:51:27 AM »
Quote from: blair.sawler;12272
Okay, thanks. The Stable version does not do that. Do you know where you set the static server?

Nevermind. Duh! I found it, was too late last night when I was working on this.

I will try implementing your plug-in now.

Thanks!

Offline blair.sawler

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2008, 08:49:19 AM »
That works great. Thanks so much!

I had the password plugin before this, but had always wanted the "Auto Reply" the forwarding tab is just a bonus!

Do you know how you could auto-fill in the fields Sender and Subject?

Ideally I would like to have "Sender" have the name from the Identidies, or their E-mail address by default.

In the Subject Field, it would be great to have [Out of Office] %subject%

Thanks again!

-Blair

Offline Nemesis02

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2008, 12:11:28 PM »
Quote from: blair.sawler;12275
That works great. Thanks so much!

I had the password plugin before this, but had always wanted the "Auto Reply" the forwarding tab is just a bonus!

Do you know how you could auto-fill in the fields Sender and Subject?

Ideally I would like to have "Sender" have the name from the Identidies, or their E-mail address by default.

In the Subject Field, it would be great to have [Out of Office] %subject%

Thanks again!

-Blair

Unfortunately, the email part of the auto-responder cannot be changed, it uses your default cPanel account to set it up.  You can set the subject as [Out of Office] %subject%, it shuld take it, and I can take a look at having a drop down menu for the sender for identities.

Offline blair.sawler

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2008, 12:23:56 PM »
Quote from: Nemesis02;12278
Unfortunately, the email part of the auto-responder cannot be changed, it uses your default cPanel account to set it up.  You can set the subject as [Out of Office] %subject%, it shuld take it, and I can take a look at having a drop down menu for the sender for identities.

Thanks, what about passing a tag to insert in-front of the subject?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 03:54:50 PM by blair.sawler »

Offline jcip

cpanel
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2008, 08:18:17 AM »
Is it possible to use this plug-in without cpanel?

Offline Nemesis02

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2008, 12:52:44 PM »
Quote from: jcip;12366

No, this plugin requires the use of the cPanel backend to interact with the email systems, sorry.

Offline javiaw

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2008, 07:36:01 AM »
Quote from: jcip;12366

I've been applying the patch without using cPanel, but I'm still working with the password plugin because I had some problems.

It's no so difficult to change the password, I removed the lines which refers to cPanel and added a query to my database (mysql) in password.inc file:

$cons =
    "UPDATE " . $rcmail_config['mydb_table_users'] .
    " SET password=. crypt($new_password).
    "\" WHERE email=\"" . $_SESSION['username'] ."\";" ;

$link=mysql_connect('localhost',$rcmail_config['mydb_user'],$rcmail_config['mydb_password']);
mysql_select_db($rcmail_config['mydb_db_name'],$link) or die("Error al abrir la Base de Datos");
mysql_query($cons,$link);
mysql_close($link);

It's also necessary to create a new file named mydb.inc.php into config folder and fill it with the info of your database, the variables will be similar to the db.inc.php ones. After that, include this file in the beginning of password.inc.

This updates the database perfectly but there's some problem after that, because user logs out. I think it's a problem of this line, [FONT="Courier New]$_SESSION['password'] = encrypt_password($new_password);[/FONT] , but I don't find the problem and I'm almost sure it is not related to the cPanel.

any idea?

Thanks

Offline astrosmf

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2008, 01:39:38 AM »
i installed the MOD... works like a charm... awesome tool!!!

I have noticed however that my email folders are no longer present... just the INBOX folder...

any idea on what could of caused this?

Offline Nemesis02

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2008, 09:35:02 AM »
No, i've installed this many several times just to test it when following the instructions, and haven't had a problem.  Try re-installing roundcube and re-installing the mod, i'd try doing it in another location, and if that one ends up working, overwrite your old one with it.

Offline astrosmf

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2008, 12:55:05 AM »
can anyone throw together a quick script will LOG if a password change has been made... i don't the new password to be logged, just the change itself... preferably in a separate file from the other two logs

thanks

Offline sickthor

non cPanel version
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2008, 09:14:00 PM »
hello guys i have been trying to install the plug in in a non cpanel install but had no luck so far! has any of you work it out yet? would love to know how!

cheers

ps: i'm runing round cube on a Xserve but if you had luck installing this plug in on a linux system i'm interested too

:confused:

Offline Nemesis02

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2008, 09:56:36 PM »
Quote from: sickthor;13738
hello guys i have been trying to install the plug in in a non cpanel install but had no luck so far! has any of you work it out yet? would love to know how!

cheers

ps: i'm runing round cube on a Xserve but if you had luck installing this plug in on a linux system i'm interested too

:confused:

This mod is designed specifically to be used w/ cPanel, it does not work with anything else.  Its made for people who are on shared hosting.

Offline clamasters

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2008, 08:11:46 PM »
Is there an easy way to do this without cpanel.  I'm just running Ubuntu 8.04/Apache/Postfix/Dovecot....  This feature is a deal breaker for the company...ughh..

Offline Henning

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2008, 03:21:26 AM »
Thanks Nemesis02, you are the best.
I can not use RC without addons like this.

HJ

Offline bigdog988

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2008, 09:39:04 AM »
hello, I've tried installing this addon. I check the cpanel.php file probably 20 - 30 times and I believe I have it correct. when i go to options though I see the three tabs but when I click on them it sends me back to the main pref page. not sure whats going on there. any suggestions would help.