Author Topic: Roundcube does'nt work with a simple filterrule  (Read 1954 times)

Offline Andreji

Roundcube does'nt work with a simple filterrule
« on: February 06, 2023, 12:19:15 PM »
Hi forum, please help me here,
in the attachment you see my filterrule, but this does'nt work at all. No one of the recipients has gotten a mail.
Is there anything, where I've done mistakes?
Best regards
Andreji

Offline Dmitry42

Re: Roundcube does'nt work with a simple filterrule
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2023, 01:03:30 PM »
I try filter like you and its working for me.
May be you need try simple filter for beginning ?

And you check sending mail from your RC to another mail server ? It's work correct ?

Check your smtp logs, may be something misconfigured ..
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 01:07:10 PM by Dmitry42 »

Offline Andreji

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2023, 01:13:53 PM »
yes, sending to another mail server works. And I've tried it with only 1 to 3 recipients, but this to 10 recipients does'nt work.
Is this a matter of the mass of conditions or actions? If it is so, it would be bad - indeed I need this filter with 10 recipients or more. Does Roundcube have some restrictions there?

Offline Andreji

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2023, 03:27:49 PM »
Now I've tried this after deleting 8 of the 10 of the recipients: And the wicked thing works. Ooh please tell me what the matter is with that. So I would'nt be able to use ist, because I intend to build a distributor which is working like a mailing list. What I need is: The mails of 10 members are distributed to all the 10 members. Has Roundcube difficults with large numbers of conditions or actions in the filterrule? This should know the developer team of Roudcube, ist'nt it? Can one of you please make an attempt with 10 recipients? Is this mistake only on my system?

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2023, 04:10:14 PM »
This is not a Roundcube issue. The managesieve plugin provides and interface for configuring rules only. Check your server config for example Dovecot/Pigeonhole has a default limit of 4 redirects.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline Dmitry42

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2023, 09:05:30 PM »
If you use postfix, check /etc/postfix/main.cf for string

smtpd_recipient_limit = xxxx

Offline Andreji

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2023, 03:22:09 AM »
Many thanks for these answers. I've this forwarded to the service of my webhosting-company, and my contact person there has answered. Here I'm copying this, translated by DeepL, so that everything is understood:

Yes, it is correct, there is indeed from DOVECOT a limit on 4 mails redirection.
The problem though: This seems to be hardcoded to the point until you adjust it somewhere in the configuration I guess.
Bigger problem: As soon as you do anything, i. e. create a mail address, etc., the configured one is immediately overwritten by PLESK. Means, here the colleagues must look, that this limit is increased to 15, more would be then probably slowly but surely really too much and there as mentioned, with some providers there is there even a limit with the acceptance.
Unfortunately, I can not say when the colleagues are done with it.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

So far my cooperation in this matter - now I'm waiting for further things to come. If in the meantime you'll find out anything more, please let me know.

Offline Andreji

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2023, 07:54:31 AM »
Fortunately ist works now :) My Webhost-Provider has inserted the following code-snippet:

> doveconf -a
[...]
plugin {
 quota = maildir:User quota
 quota_grace = 0
 quota_warning = storage=95%% quota-warning %u
 sieve = ~/.dovecot.sieve
 sieve_dir = ~/sieve
 sieve_extensions = +notify +imapflags
 sieve_max_redirects = 15
}

He would'nt found where to search without your help . . ;-))

Many thanks and best regards
Andreji