Author Topic: Webmail not accessible anymore  (Read 8090 times)

Offline renato79

Webmail not accessible anymore
« on: March 09, 2023, 10:09:58 AM »
Hello!

I hope someone could help with this. I'm using Debian with HestiaCP, and I have exim4, dovecot, roundcube.

Yesterday I decided to change my root user password for MySQL because I was not able to access to PHPMyAdmin, I changed the password and finally I could access.

After that when I try to access to webmail.mydomain.ie I see this:

Oops... something went wrong!
An internal error has occurred. Your request cannot be processed at this time.

For administrators: Please check the application and/or server error logs for more information.

I have no idea why changing MySQL root user password created this problem.

Please could you help me solving this? I can't access to my emails anymore.

Thank you very much!

Renato

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Webmail not accessible anymore
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2023, 10:33:25 AM »
Its possible Roundcube was configured to connect to the database using the root user. You would need to check the Roundcube error log located at <RC root>/logs/errors to verify and you change update the database password located in <RC root>/config/config.inc.php

Offline renato79

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2023, 11:01:40 AM »
Its possible Roundcube was configured to connect to the database using the root user. You would need to check the Roundcube error log located at <RC root>/logs/errors to verify and you change update the database password located in <RC root>/config/config.inc.php

Thank you for your answer, I checked error.log in /var/log/roundcube/error.log but the file is just empty. How could I update the password in order to access again to webmail? The file /etc/roundcube/config.inc.php doesn't have a variable where I could replace the password.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2023, 02:23:23 PM »
The database configuration should be in the <RC root>/config/config.inc.php file in the database connection string in the variable $config['db_dsnw']