Author Topic: Understanding filter rules  (Read 1108 times)

Offline RadioSilence

Understanding filter rules
« on: March 16, 2023, 06:29:49 AM »
Good day,

I need to move anything with recipient address having specific hostname to another mailbox, ie. *@secondaryhost.com.
What's the condition best fitting this rule, tried matches expression and used "*@secondaryhost.com" as the expression, but seemingly doesnot work.
A detailed explaining all condition types would help me with this (can't find anywhere).

Addeddum -
The ":matches" version specifies a wildcard match using the characters "*" and "?". "*" matches zero or more characters, and "?" matches a single character. "?" and "*" may be escaped as "\\?" and "\\*" in strings to match against themselves. The first backslash escapes the second backslash; together, they escape the "*". This is awkward, but it is commonplace in several programming languages that use globs and regular expressions.
My rule is set to matches operator and *@secondaryhost.com as expression, though emails addressed to info@secondaryhost.com aren't triggered, ie. remain in primary host inbox (assertion fails).
Changing the operator to contains and expression to just @secondaryhost.com does forward as expected but for clarity I would rather use the matches operator.

Addendum 2 - probably even the :is operator does not work for me as expected. Using :is and full mailaddress as expression does not trigger mails with info@secondaryhost.com as recipient. :contains is the only operator working for me.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 07:51:55 AM by RadioSilence »