Author Topic: Need the following added to Roundcube  (Read 6616 times)

Offline kitfox

Need the following added to Roundcube
« on: March 21, 2023, 01:23:49 AM »
Forced off of Horde like so many. I am a busy business owner and I don't have time to do things like post to forums asking for advice, but in this case I have no choice but too.

Please add the following features to RoundCube which are..mysteriously...missing.

1. The ability to create tags and add color tags to messages. This is standard in almost all email clients now...except this one. It's one of the things that made Horde great. Please add this.

2. The ability to see the emails date, without having to click on the email itself. I've never, ever, seen any email program..ever..that did not display the actual date of the email in the exerpt.  You literally have to click on each and every email to see it's date...  that is a serious oversight that you need to correct. Please fix that.

3. The ability to send HTML emails. Super weird that you force it off.

Other than that, I hate roundcube. I resent being force to use it. It's not as good as Horde for business people and it needs a few changes to even be close.

Now that you guys have market-share cuz Horde is gone..do something with it. Fix this.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Need the following added to Roundcube
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2023, 02:16:47 AM »
First of all please treat the community with respect. No one is forced to use Roundcube, if its not for you that's fine, just use something else.

1. The ability to create tags and add color tags to messages. This is standard in almost all email clients now...except this one. It's one of the things that made Horde great. Please add this.
You are not the first person to request support for custom tags, for the moment this is only available through plugins for example https://plugins.roundcube.net/#/packages/weird-birds/thunderbird_labels

2. The ability to see the emails date, without having to click on the email itself. I've never, ever, seen any email program..ever..that did not display the actual date of the email in the exerpt.  You literally have to click on each and every email to see it's date...  that is a serious oversight that you need to correct. Please fix that.
Assuming you are using the latest version of Roundcube (1.6.1) and the Elastic skin then the date is included in the top right corner of each message in the list. You can see an example in this screenshot https://roundcube.net/screens/skins/elastic/desktop/screens/mailbox_widescreen.png

This has been possible in Roundcude since version 0.1. Assuming you are using the latest version of Roundcube (1.6.1) and the Elastic skin then on the Compose screen you can switch modes using the first button on the toolbar at the top message content pane. You can also change the default mode from Settings > Composing Messages.

Other than that, I hate roundcube. I resent being force to use it. It's not as good as Horde for business people and it needs a few changes to even be close.
May be you should talk to your email provider about your requirements and possible solutions.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline kitfox

Re: Need the following added to Roundcube
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 02:56:23 PM »
First of all please treat the community with respect. No one is forced to use Roundcube, if its not for you that's fine, just use something else.

Incorrect sir and/or ma'am. I was forced to use it. I was using Horde and the ONLY other option I was given for webmail was RoundCube. Why that would bother you enough to waste my time and yours commenting on it is..odd.  But lets move forward shall we?

You are not the first person to request support for custom tags, for the moment this is only available through plugins for example https://plugins.roundcube.net/#/packages/weird-birds/thunderbird_labels

Ok...if I'm not the first person...then WHY has this not been implemented yet??? You guys got something better to do?

2. The ability to see the emails date, without having to click on the email itself. I've never, ever, seen any email program..ever..that did not display the actual date of the email in the excerpt.  You literally have to click on each and every email to see it's date...  that is a serious oversight that you need to correct. Please fix that.
Assuming you are using the latest version of Roundcube (1.6.1) and the Elastic skin then the date is included in the top right corner of each message in the list. You can see an example in this screenshot https://roundcube.net/screens/skins/elastic/desktop/screens/mailbox_widescreen.png

You did not pay attention to what I said. Yes, if you physically click each and every email, you can see it's date...AFTER it's opened up. I want to be able to see the date without physically clicking on the email itself. It should be viewable at a glance from the excerpt screen along with the email subject and sender...like virtually all email clients these days. So lets add that super useful, commonly found feature shall we?

This has been possible in Roundcude since version 0.1. Assuming you are using the latest version of Roundcube (1.6.1) and the Elastic skin then on the Compose screen you can switch modes using the first button on the toolbar at the top message content pane. You can also change the default mode from Settings > Composing Messages.

I did not see this but I will look. Odd it's not just "right there" like Horde and they kind of hide it.

May be you should talk to your email provider about your requirements and possible solutions.

Yeah, out of luck there. That's all My ISP provides to access my company email.