Author Topic: Deleted folder  (Read 1193 times)

Offline Gnomey

Deleted folder
« on: March 27, 2023, 01:45:52 PM »
Hello Everyone
I wonder if someone can help me.
When I delete an email from the "Inbox", it does not go into the deleted folder, or trash but it just disappears.

Secondly, if a company sends me an email, if I reply with their email under mine, more often than not, it will fail to send. Unable to reach server. Until I remove the LOGO's and headers form the original email.

Any ideas greatly received.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Deleted folder
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2023, 02:30:08 AM »
When I delete an email from the "Inbox", it does not go into the deleted folder, or trash but it just disappears.
In Settings > Preferences > Server Settings do you have "Flag the message for deletion instead of delete" and "Do not show deleted messages" ticked? Also under Special folders do you have your Trash folder correctly defined?

Secondly, if a company sends me an email, if I reply with their email under mine, more often than not, it will fail to send. Unable to reach server.
Do you have Wordfence or anything like that enabled? It sounds similar to https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/issues/7494
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline Gnomey

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2023, 02:39:22 PM »
Hi John.
Thanks for the reply.
 "Flag the message for deletion instead of delete" and "Do not show deleted messages" ticked?   Both these are on, the rest are off.
Not sure what you you meant with the trash folder. Here is a screen shot though.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2023, 03:18:32 PM »
When "Flag the message for deletion instead of delete" is enabled it does what it says. So I think what you want is to turn that off so when you hit delete in Roundcube then message is moved to your Trash (Deleted Items) folder rather than flagged for deletion.

ps. in your screenshot your have  "Trash" defined as your Archive folder, did you mean that?
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…