Author Topic: Does roundcube have a Unified Inbox now?  (Read 1817 times)

Offline Witzker

Does roundcube have a Unified Inbox now?
« on: April 30, 2023, 08:18:32 PM »
Hi, I found here the answer "Not that I'm aware of..." from 5/2012

https://www.roundcubeforum.net/index.php?topic=9700.0

Is it now 5/2023 implemented?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2023, 08:21:37 PM by Witzker »

Offline strcube

Re: Does roundcube have a Unified Inbox now?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2023, 12:22:25 PM »
I'm no senior guy with Round Cube but it seems clear that the answer must be no.

The reason is simple; RC isn't interested in that problem. You need a competent email system and RC implements a web interface over the top of it - at least that's my take.

Besides, what is a "unified inbox" anyway? I SURE don't want email intended for my use going into a general mailbox. And I can't imagine why anyone else would, either. And as for my OWN use, I can already just leave everything in my "inbox" for a "unified" experience and not bother to sort mail by sender,  function, or other classification.

So maybe you could elaborate on what you want.

Offline Witzker

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2023, 05:13:41 AM »
Is there really no way to get all mails from different accounts in one inbox and also keep them separate in own inboxes as it is e.g. in Mailspring?

Folder structure looks like this (BTW- You should enable posting screenshots in your forum)

INBOX (with all mails from all accounts)
-- mailbox (1st address)
-- mailbox (2nd address)
-- mailbox (3rd address)
and so on

Is there maybe a plugin that can add this functionality?

As mainspring has to be installed on each PC I want to have a server for this to make all mails accessible in browser.

I have to check about 50 inboxes, so IF NOT - roundcube is the wrong choice.

Any tips which app running on a Linux server – accessible in browser can do what I need?

« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 05:18:43 AM by Witzker »

Offline strcube

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2023, 01:07:11 PM »
Is there really no way to get all mails from different accounts in one inbox and also keep them separate in own inboxes as it is e.g. in Mailspring?

Sounds crazy to me and, again, THIS IS NOT A ROUND CUBE ISSUE.

However, sure, there are surely many dozens of different ways to do that, all of which have to do with your MTA / SMTP server scenario.

As you appear to be on a variant of Unix called Linux, you could use the .forward mechanism. Or, you could use a SpamAssassin-like daemon called by your mail server. Or, you could use ProcMail, or...

Once you have the emails into a single mailbox, just create a link (via ln -s) in each user's mailbox subdirectory pointing to the merged mailbox - it should show up "automagically" if your IMAP configuration is set to automatically provide "subscribed folders" (as some systems call 'em.)