News and Announcements > General Discussion

How to manage the allowed/blocked senders list, for blocking remote resources

<< < (2/2)

Dmitry42:
here ?

omaticmail:
I use the "Larry" interface, but I switched to "Elastic" (which is what your pic looks like) to make sure I wasn't overlooking any "trusted senders" group.  But it didn't make a difference, either way, I don't have a group by that name, just my personal addresses group.

So looking in there, I do see have system-created contacts that were added when I previously allowed remote resources to load.  Now that I'd like to revoke some of those allowances, that's an issue.  I can't just delete them from the contacts groups, because they have to remain as trusted senders so their messages don't get rejected outright.   The two properties (whitelisting a sender by having it as a contact, and permission to load remote resources) don't seem to be separate properties of a contact.

Dmitry42:
May be your contact list groups visible depend from:

--- Quote ---// ----------------------------------
// ADDRESSBOOK SETTINGS
// ----------------------------------

// This indicates which type of address book to use. Possible choices:
// 'sql' - built-in sql addressbook enabled (default),
// ''    - built-in sql addressbook disabled.
//         Still LDAP or plugin-added addressbooks will be available.
//         BC Note: The value can actually be anything except 'sql', it does not matter.
$config['address_book_type'] = 'sql';

// The addressbook source to store automatically collected recipients in.
// Default: true (the built-in "Collected recipients" addressbook, source id = '1')
// Note: It can be set to any writeable addressbook, e.g. 'sql'
$config['collected_recipients'] = true;

// The addressbook source to store trusted senders in.
// Default: true (the built-in "Trusted senders" addressbook, source id = '2')
// Note: It can be set to any writeable addressbook, e.g. 'sql'
$config['collected_senders'] = true;

--- End quote ---

Main point is: Roundcube not reject mail by himself (its do another soft like spam filters, antivirus, and etc) so if you delete this addresses from your contact list - you just make it not trusted for "allowed remote resources" and you can still receive mail from they anyway.

I think you can test this thing on one nail address.

omaticmail:
I appreciate that information.  Unfortunately, I don't have access to the configuration, so I can't review or change the settings.  But I'll bear in mind what you said (that RoundCube itself doesn't reject message), and test it on an appropriate sender at some point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version