Author Topic: Theme Update Feedback -> elastic  (Read 312 times)

Offline gabrio

Theme Update Feedback -> elastic
« on: April 29, 2024, 02:43:03 AM »
hello,

Last night an update has been pushed and i cannot use anymore the very simple yet effective "old" theme, but there's the "elastic" theme only.

I would really appreciate an option to toggle OFF the preview pane, i really don't like it and want to see only a list view of the emails, just like before. My host locks customisations so i cannot use plugins, only a theme update from the Cpane/(software vendor would do.

thank you,
Gabrio

Offline Cookie

Re: Theme Update Feedback -> elastic
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2024, 04:02:01 PM »
the same here.  :(

I think it's a shame that there is no longer a setting option for the column-based view. see screenshot in annex.

Placing the subject and sender one below the other makes the mailbox confusing.
Furthermore, you don't have the option of switching off the reading pane at the bottom, on the right or completely.
Please change that with next release. 🙏🙏🙏

(i also use roundcube as a mail client via the cpanel interface (which is provided by my webspace provider))

Offline Cookie

Re: Theme Update Feedback -> elastic
« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:00:53 AM »
Can someone also tell me why the send button for a new mail is placed at the bottom left?

The reading flow is always from top left to bottom right, every good web designer is taught that in school, so why put an important button (probably THE most important button in Roundcube) in the bottom left corner.... 🤦‍♂️ I just don't get it.
It's so unintuitive and ill-conceived...