Author Topic: Roundcube slow  (Read 22103 times)

Offline spikey

Roundcube slow
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2011, 08:23:26 AM »
Sorry to awaken such an old thread, but I'm also still having these slow responses time.

I've done reasonable troubleshooting and every point I get to leads to the IMAP process that takes unusually long to get the data from the mailbox.

We've got one host that RC connects to which points to 4 mail servers running in a cluster with Courier-IMAP. I've setup 3 different versions of RC on 3 different servers pointing to our mail host as well as tests servers and get the exact same problem.

While doing a top on the mail server that RC is connecting to, I notice that the IMAP process is using quite a lot of resources when you login to RC. Is this normal? I've also tried 0.6, but found that even this version is doing the same.

I also have tried using IMAP Proxy and even the tweaks in the RC help sections and these don't work either.  I've also set the connection to be standard plain text authentication without TLS and SSL to speed up the connection so as no encryption is being used.

I'd appreciate it if someone has found a solution to this and will share their fix please.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 08:39:08 AM by spikey »

Offline spikey

Roundcube slow
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2011, 05:45:48 AM »
Quote from: spikey;37172
Sorry to awaken such an old thread, but I'm also still having these slow responses time.

I've done reasonable troubleshooting and every point I get to leads to the IMAP process that takes unusually long to get the data from the mailbox.

We've got one host that RC connects to which points to 4 mail servers running in a cluster with Courier-IMAP. I've setup 3 different versions of RC on 3 different servers pointing to our mail host as well as tests servers and get the exact same problem.

While doing a top on the mail server that RC is connecting to, I notice that the IMAP process is using quite a lot of resources when you login to RC. Is this normal? I've also tried 0.6, but found that even this version is doing the same.

I also have tried using IMAP Proxy and even the tweaks in the RC help sections and these don't work either.  I've also set the connection to be standard plain text authentication without TLS and SSL to speed up the connection so as no encryption is being used.

I'd appreciate it if someone has found a solution to this and will share their fix please.

Cheers.

Ok, I've done some more testing and found the following....

I've used my mailbox on another server which is 2gb in size and copied it over to me test mail server running standard linux users (/home/user/Maildir) and let RC open that mailbox. My one folder contains 18000 emails which RC opens in 2 seconds.

I then remove this user and then add it to a SQL table (using Postfix Admin) and copy my mailbox over to this user's maildir folder. Right there RC takes more than 2 minutes to open that same folder containing 18000 emails.

Any suggestions as to why RC would have issues with SQL users ?

Offline manolocon

Roundcube slow
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 04:30:57 AM »
Hi, i'am new for this forum. I have this problem when I open roundcube after several days to view messages takes several minutes. You may download automatically?