Author Topic: Can't subscribe to folders (but I see them)  (Read 5126 times)

Offline steveg_nh

Can't subscribe to folders (but I see them)
« on: May 27, 2008, 10:37:40 AM »
Hi All,

I've been using RC for quite a while, but this is my first time posting/seeking help. I did a search, and found a few threads on creating folders, but I don't believe that's my problem.

For the longest time, I was subscribed to the following folders: Inbox (of course), Sent, Trash and Drafts.

All of a sudden, I log in this morning, and I don't see Sent, Trash and Drafts. When I look at my folder preferences, the folders are listed, with an indicator for  how many messages are in each folder, but there is no option to 'Subscribe'. So I know the folders are there (I poked around via ftp too), but I can't access them all of a sudden. This worked fine as of last Friday.

The only thing I can think of, that I did over the weekend, was on an Outlook mail client at home, I unsubscribed that machine from all the folders, and deleted the email profile on that machine only. Could that of somehow impacted something on the server?

Thanks all,
Steve

Offline steveg_nh

Can't subscribe to folders (but I see them)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 11:39:53 AM »
I thought I'd post my own solution, to possibly help others.

This had to have had something to do with my outlook changes, but I fixed it. I didn't realize there was a setting in main.inc.php that prohibits changes to the main folders. It was set to TRUE, so I couldn't modify protected folders (subscriptions, rename, delete). I set it to FALSE, subscribed to the folders, and then set it back to TRUE (to be safe).

All is fine now.