Author Topic: GUI improvements  (Read 5178 times)

Offline honk

GUI improvements
« on: November 04, 2009, 01:46:07 PM »
Hi!
I have some suggestions not knowing exactly if there are already plugins or themes dealing with it.
(I looked on the repository page but the documentation is a bit short.)

1. It would be cool to have the complete email address displayed in the header of the mail, not only the name of the sender.

2. It is a bit annoying that the table header of the mail list scrolls with the rest of the mails. It would be nicer if the header fields are sticky and you could change ordering immediately without scrolling back.
It's the same with the mail window or preview pane. The header should be sticky and should not scroll with the mail body.

3. The "next" and "previous" links for the list of mails should be placed under the list even if the preview pane is displayed. Otherwise you scroll down the list and than you have to go down to click the "next" link.

4. It would be nice to have the number of mails in a folder displayed next to the folder name. Thunderbird does it like this. It shows the number of messages and next to it the number of unread messages in brackets.

Thanks for any hints if these features are already implemented by a plugin or a theme.
Otherwise I have to investigate the code by myself. :rolleyes:

Honk
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 03:48:26 PM by honk »