Author Topic: Change Password Needed  (Read 5848 times)

Offline 1020

Change Password Needed
« on: May 30, 2008, 06:58:29 PM »
Hi from the UK,

I have Roundcube running just fine. new users are being added to the database just fine.

However, I can't see a password row in the User table, which means I can't change User's passwords, and neither can they.

I did try chetcpasswd, but it wasn't a successful activity and I read that it introduces vulnerabilities, so I trashed it.

Anyone know how to successfully add the ability for Users/Admins to change the account passwords?

I run my own web cluster, so I have total access (no hosting company or ISP to worry about). I do not use a hosting panel.

Thanks in advance.

Offline nickfromdc

Change Password Needed
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 10:32:20 PM »
I would suggest using the cPanel plugin.  The system works with any system with poppassd installed on it.  Once you've installed this service, you can add the plugin.  I did this just the other day, and it works like a dream.

Offline MAO

Change Password Needed
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 08:13:50 AM »
Quote from: nickfromdc;12316
I would suggest using the cPanel plugin.  The system works with any system with poppassd installed on it.  Once you've installed this service, you can add the plugin.  I did this just the other day, and it works like a dream.

Hi !!!
 where i can find cPanel plugin?
And it can be usful for Server created by this tutorial http://workaround.org/articles/ispmail-etch/ ?
Thanks

Offline 1020

Change Password Needed
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 09:02:16 AM »
Nick Wrote: I would suggest using the cPanel plugin. The system works with any system with poppassd installed on it. Once you've installed this service, you can add the plugin. I did this just the other day, and it works like a dream.

I am grateful for your reply - thank you:)

However, I am not clear on what you actually mean. I don't run a hosting panel at all, so cPanel does not exist on my servers. Are you suggesting that I can install a 'cPanel Plugin' into RoundCube and that this will enable users to change/modify passwords? I would have asummed that to do this would require cPanel (a cost I am not prepared to make at this time). Forgive my ingnorance, but I have not heard of poppassd.

Are you saying that if I install 'poppassd', and then this cPanel plugin (the name of which you have not indicated), my webmail users will be able to modify their webmail (RoundCube) passwords?

Thanking you in anticipation.