Author Topic: Bug with Trash/Delete/delete_flag  (Read 6453 times)

Offline dbucher

Bug with Trash/Delete/delete_flag
« on: June 04, 2008, 10:36:05 AM »
Hello,

There is an issue with message deletion. We want to configure RoundCube exactly like Outlook. This is of course the best so that users have the same effects in Outlook and in their webmail, no differences. BUT there is a problem :

1. We set 'no trash mailbox' to avoid emails to be placed in Trash when deleted
// leave blank if they should be deleted directly
$rcmail_config['trash_mbox'] = '';
OK good.
BUT strangely, when logging into roundcub a trash folder is still present in the left panel ?

2. And then, we say :
// When a Trash folder is not present and a message is deleted, flag
// the message for deletion rather than deleting it immediately.  Setting this to
// false causes deleted messages to be permanantly removed if there is no Trash folder
$rcmail_config['flag_for_deletion'] = TRUE;

BUT IT DOESN'T WORK ! Certainly because there is a Trash mailbox still present on the left...

Is this a bug or a misconfiguration ?

Thanks a lot

Denis Bucher

Offline dbucher

Not sure if this is real ?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 10:39:52 AM »
Hello,

Just after having posted my message, I tested again, and this time the message was not deleted but simply flagged.

Maybe I didn't logged out and in again after changing the config ?
Or because I changed this :
// old $rcmail_config['default_imap_folders'] = array('INBOX', 'Drafts', 'Sent', 'Junk');
$rcmail_config['default_imap_folders'] = array('INBOX', 'Drafts', 'Sent', 'Junk', 'Trash');

Sorry if I was wrong, I'll post here again if the problem confirms. Currently everything seems correct again...

Offline dbucher

Problem is different - still a problem
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 10:46:09 AM »
In fact all messages with "del" flags are deleted when logging out from Roundcube !!!
And I found nothing about this in configuration.

It not only deletes emails it flagged but also emails flagged by other programs.
It's quite dangerous I think, if you flag an email as deleted in another client, then roundcube deletes it for real !

Thanks for any hints or advice

Offline dano

Bug with Trash/Delete/delete_flag
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 12:00:34 PM »
Quote from: dbucher;12385
Hello,

There is an issue with message deletion. We want to configure RoundCube exactly like Outlook. This is of course the best so that users have the same effects in Outlook and in their webmail, no differences. BUT there is a problem :

1. We set 'no trash mailbox' to avoid emails to be placed in Trash when deleted
// leave blank if they should be deleted directly
$rcmail_config['trash_mbox'] = '';
OK good.
BUT strangely, when logging into roundcub a trash folder is still present in the left panel ?

2. And then, we say :
// When a Trash folder is not present and a message is deleted, flag
// the message for deletion rather than deleting it immediately.  Setting this to
// false causes deleted messages to be permanantly removed if there is no Trash folder
$rcmail_config['flag_for_deletion'] = TRUE;

BUT IT DOESN'T WORK ! Certainly because there is a Trash mailbox still present on the left...

Is this a bug or a misconfiguration ?

Thanks a lot

Denis Bucher

Hello Dennis,

1.  Outlook uses the Trash folder as well so I am not certain what you are trying to accomplish here but in main.inc.php you will find
Code: [Select]
$rcmail_config['create_default_folders'] =
set this to false and it will not create the default folders.

If this is really what you want then you will also want to remove ", 'Trash'" from this line
Code: [Select]
$rcmail_config['default_imap_folders'] =
Do this and leave "$rcmail_config['create_default_folders'] = true" and it will create all folders except Trash for you.

2.  If a message is flagged for deletion the client has no way of knowing who flagged it, regardless of what client it is.  There is an option in the Roundcube preferences to empty the trash on exit although I thought this was only for the Trash folder.  This sounds like what you are seeing happen.

Hope that helps!

Dan