Author Topic: Connection to IMAP failed??  (Read 9147 times)

Offline Quiksilver

Connection to IMAP failed??
« on: June 07, 2008, 08:08:05 AM »
Hey, i am onto the last step and when i try and send a test email i get the following error:
Code: [Select]
Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\Documents and Settings\Braiden\My Documents\xampp\htdocs\Mail\installer\test.php on line 230
SMTP send:  NOT OK(Mail delivery with mail() failed. Check your error logs for details)

I have been trying to work it out for hours now, when i try and login at 127.0.0.1/mail [homepage] it says connection to IMAP failed what is IMAP how do i know my IMAP details? i am hosting this using XAMPP my own webserver i am using 'root' also what is ssl://? how do i find all these details? i just had a rough guess during the config

also i have created a database and i imported mysql.initial

Screenies:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 11:43:15 PM by Quiksilver »

Offline Quiksilver

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 11:38:16 PM »
Hmm help anyone? i kinda need to have it fixed by tommorow i will upload some screenies.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 06:29:41 AM »
RC is an IMAP client so you need to have an IMAP server and an SMTP server for it to connect to. If you don't know your connection details then ask your email provider.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline Quiksilver

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 06:58:53 PM »
I managed to fix these errors when i try and login it takes for ages and then i receive a white page with nothing, if it doesnt work on XAMPP what should i use?

Offline jimmyb

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 10:45:31 AM »
Quote from: Quiksilver;12485
I managed to fix these errors when i try and login it takes for ages and then i receive a white page with nothing, if it doesnt work on XAMPP what should i use?
I don't think XAMPP has an SMTP server...you should leave that blank so it uses the PHP function or get an SMTP server.