Author Topic: users > concept flaw?  (Read 6248 times)

Offline flash

users > concept flaw?
« on: August 08, 2006, 10:22:14 AM »
You run the script on your webhost server - the DB config says localhost

You run the script on another machine - the DB config says yourdomain.com

You login to the same email user. RC creates two different users. This means the address book, etc cannot be used by the same user. There is only one mail user. IMHO, it should not matter where you login. You should be able to use more than one copy of the RC code.

Offline EricS

Re: users > concept flaw?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 10:59:40 AM »
What script are you running?

Offline flash

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 11:40:40 AM »
The new beta2, but it did the same thing with the earlier versions.

Offline EricS

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 12:55:10 PM »
Ok, I thought you meant you were running some script manually. I guess "running the script" means "logging into RoundCube."

When you say, "DB Config," are you referring to the value of the mail_host column in the users table? This is populated based on the 'default_host' value in your configuration file. You should be able to define that configuration value to be the hostname of the IMAP server (which should be equivalent to localhost if you're running the web server on the same machine as the IMAP server).

Offline flash

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 03:45:19 PM »
hmmm . . . well that sort of works. then all the users have the specified domain name on them. i am sharing the same install of RC across many domain names on the same server, so all the users will be tagged with one. i suppose that may not really matter, as now they are tagged with localhost. but i would think localhost is better than the wrong domain name.

but that will get it to work. no one looks at the database but me, so i suppose if it is a little messed up it does not really matter. thanks for the reply.

but i still don't get why it is done that way.