Author Topic: 0.2 alpha - Problems with login  (Read 2958 times)

Offline DylJones

0.2 alpha - Problems with login
« on: June 19, 2008, 05:40:13 AM »
Hi!

As you can tell, I'm new here so please go easy on me :)

I've installed RC before (0.1 Stable) on the main domain with my hosting company. Now, it was a while ago I did it and can't really remember how I fudged my way through but I did and it works great.

I wanted to install it on a secondary domain with my host.
First things first - is this the best way to do it? Or is it better to adjust the installation on the default domain to be able to log on to mail accounts on other domains?
My preference would be to keep them seperate as once I've got my head around this I'll want to repeat it for several sites but any advice is gladly accepted!

Ok, on with the problem...

So I downloaded the latest release (0.2 alpha), extracted the files and ran the installer.
All fine (eventually, after having to contact my hosting company asking about access to php.ini/.htaccess)
So this morning I complete the installation and get to the login screen.
I put in my username, password and server name and got the following error:

ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.mydomain.com/mail/

The following error was encountered:

* Zero Sized Reply

Squid did not receive any data for this request.

So I tried a few different things.
I added the IMAP server name to main.inc.php correctly (n00b!)
I added the 'Automatically add this domain to user names for login' for my domain

So now I can see the login screen but when I add my username (without the @mydomain.com) and password I get that error message.
Now when I tried a logon WITH the @mydomain.com I got in! Hurrah!
I sent a test mail (which it told me was successful and came in about 20 mins later) and then, BANG! The error message again.

Now when I try and log in (both with and without the @mydomain.com) I just get the error message above.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks!

Offline DylJones

0.2 alpha - Problems with login
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 10:15:40 AM »
Ok,

major update on this.

I got fed up and realised that my working version was 0.1 stable so why not use that?
So i removed (after backing up, of course!) the 0.2 alpha installation and uploaded and installed 0.1 stable.

The installation went fine, perfect in fact. However, at the login screen when i try and log on I get:
Your Session is invalid or expired

Great.
Now I've had a search here and found a few things but nothing seems to fit exactly.

I've tried in other browsers (firefox and IE) and also different browsers on another PC so that rules out the cookies theory (oh, and I've removed the cookies from firefox and tried again too).

Nothing is generated in the log folder even though main.inc.php is configured to log (1). I've also tried setting it to 4 (show) but nothing happens.

I should mention that the accounts work fine in other webmail apps so the error isn't there.

Any ideas?

Anyone?

Please??? :)