Author Topic: Unable to download or open attachments  (Read 7273 times)

Offline waqsha

Unable to download or open attachments
« on: June 24, 2008, 10:19:33 AM »
Hello,

I am having trouble opening and downloading any type of downloads.  If I 'save as' an attachment, it saves an html page.  when I open the file, it gives me a corrupt page... see the short example below.  I tried searching for a solution on the forums, but cant find the right one.

Partial sample:
Rar!ϐs ��t��:? ���- �C��83 AD-MOSQUE CONEY ISLAND.dwg����3N��]�Q�MJ mt�@��: "��DF�D����`��E��|!�Ed�q��$u|���*�f�/������޺��/.�*�u]�|�r�UD��9�N�����U�UU݅��s�q�- -��H��������_�ЇD��;�>8��d�����ͨ�7d�%��SI3��̓$�r�_�q�����N-��n��vFM� O��r<ϩژw���j~��7��fA�ڀ��Ȇ'Ax�����໚�aH�"���o�~�H�"�����R&��#�o�k�"h��ҍ3ۑo�>A��tΘ6�Z`ȗ$S~a�� ����ap���ZgM��X9Uc�����F(w��zg?�vHV�;?u$����o>|�����.b�^O]0�+f}��������f2$�s���Y� /2_ȭ�w)��Y3>l����$_�^Ċa�S��]]m'K��5������=Y{����f@SW���7@�q�m��??�9��c������3bV�n����cb�N��x�/�����I�1�*��Չ a�����V��H-k�{] ��H�~�|%�=X�"�\�d�CflR+��3��X��~7��_�_j؋����t�O`�P_6�L�ub�\��d�sh�V�l&�����_�ii[O���5��?Il�"�-$��m3��}�|[[�(����#sR���Wwꉘ�8��,Jٓ�a��"�� ��q`f��=�i��|��ضba|E�����JL�̻E&��@��I�����T�IA�i��р�`iyR�3��#����&r.��ٵo�^��>1�\{�&kv+��tzg��[m7}�>g�to όV���|��Vm[>�3����,���-�$T�g�H�:�`lԀ�g�$&�o�����]3�EJ�tI�*o%��+��=�?m��M�K���؃��W��"4F#~�is]3�V���� �X�X�FG��Vڸ�+��ZW�-D��n�~����Q ������#�Hd� jv���oa,]3CJ�0�~����`_tR7[��k��h�)T�oX"K=��Mo�wh�Em ] ��t�oX!�o&��.�ي�EKHwY��+g��b��!L�Sdpd~�>A�4l��\ "����)���hc��i������C㟶�l�[x��ߙ����m��R��F�Ƚ���=�@�ߟh���ǿtT�ږO����*~+k��f�#�Ũ}62˒.:����hyl,[�@��1����?�����-�g���Ι_$�{������ؚ�{kX�hQ�����?ctD�����R}�u��]3l?lZ��)� ����)�ްDn��e��]&�^B� �Ȉ�n�#T�~>��!����B�o������`6��z:�����4������v���-����H�*�n7��1a�5�s$pd|���$!M�a�Z-�����׏e��]�q%�ca��ƀ�3�5��y�7Akd���.�����SqE����Z(��3S{f{��A��$tpH�?tUݠԁ������Xg�MQ� �v���� �� �a�� ���~17?bO�s)����d�>�q����L=�$��tKXg�Ź-ؙ��W�����l�\���S<��^�YOn�%���D̟�������?�������������\���������筈�����6KBי��� ��-����Gm�¡�Ӗ���}���X����=+I���_��d��Q¾�Ń�^X��&�C4���wa�A����97d�*(��S��5��0+�I�����j-��?�r�s��N'y��sH��}NS�*�o��U9�E���o��9�d������{oro��EQg1z����#��v�H~G}��e|�]�7�+��n�e�w�ڝ"e �2oa�ϊ~�L�[���Ht�����G���4

Can someone please help me?

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 02:12:59 PM by waqsha »

Offline dc2698

exact problem
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 07:23:15 AM »
Hi I am encountering the exact problem that you have!  I also searched the forum for solutions but only got similar unanswered posts.  BTW, I am using 0.1 stable.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Unable to download or open attachments
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 07:55:08 AM »
It could be a problem with your MIME dection or with the DocumentType setting on your server, that doesnt know what to do with that type of document. Check you have set $rcmail_config['mime_magic'] correctly in your config file. If all else fails then you can allways edit program/js/app.js to make it allways download the file rather than try and preview it.

look for .... (the line numbers are for the latest SVN)
Code: [Select]

763        // open attachment in frame if it's of a supported mimetype
764        if (this.env.uid && props.mimetype && find_in_array(props.mimetype, this.mimetypes)>=0)
765          {
766          if (props.mimetype == 'text/html')
767            qstring += '&_safe=1';
768          this.attachment_win = window.open(this.env.comm_path+'&_action=get&'+qstring+'&_frame=1', 'rcubemailattachment');
769          if (this.attachment_win)
770            {
771            window.setTimeout(function(){ ref.attachment_win.focus(); }, 10);
772            break;
773            }
774          }
776        this.goto_url('get', qstring+'&_download=1', false);
777        break;

and comment out the if statement (lines 764-744). Remember browsers cache js files. RC should then just give you the download box when you click on attachments.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…