Author Topic: Wierd Installation Issue  (Read 8157 times)

Offline kilbe3

Wierd Installation Issue
« on: June 30, 2008, 12:49:37 PM »
Hi All,

The Issue:
I am just setting up RoundCube.
When I request the file “localhost/installer/index.php” I get the following error message:

Warning: include(C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail\program\lib\welcome.html) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail\installer\index.php on line 86

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'welcome.html' for inclusion (include_path='C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail/program/lib;C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail/program;C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail/program/include;.;c:\php\includes') in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail\installer\index.php on line 86

My System is:
RoundCube 0.2
Windows Server 2008 Enterprise SP1 (IIS7)
PHP v5.2.6
hMailServer 4.4.1b273
MySQL Server 5

My Installation includes:
RoundCube: also tried 0.1 and 0.1.1, same issue
PHP: Three other apps running fine
hMailServer: Outlook connects using IMAP & SMTP
MySQL: various apps using it without issue

Resolution:
None, spent about 8 hours searching for resolutions and trying my own fixes, no success.
I would appreciate any help you can give.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 02:30:58 PM by kilbe3 »

Offline buxjr

Me too. Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 09:32:05 AM »
This is the EXACT configuration and problem I am experiencing.  Very disappointed to discover that NO ONE has replied to this.

Does anyone know what could cause this?

TIA

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Wierd Installation Issue
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 02:53:42 PM »
at a guess i would say that you are missing the current directory from your include path. look in your php config file and check include_path
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline buxjr

Need Further Definition
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 08:22:44 PM »
Hey JohnDoh,

Thanks for replying.  Your help is GREATLY appreciated.

Unfortunately, I am not entirely clear what this *should* be set to.  I checked my C:\PHP\PHP.INI file, under include_path and it looks like this:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Paths and Directories ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; UNIX: "/path1:/path2"
;include_path = ".:/php/includes"
;
; Windows: "\path1;\path2"
;include_path = ".;c:\php\includes"

Which clearly illustrates that my include_path is not set -- I am using this on a Windows2003/IIS install, so I would assume that I would set the later of the two.  However, I am not sure what to set it to.  I do NOT show a folder under my PHP folder for "includes" (ie. No "C:\PHP\Includes" directory) so I am either missing that folder and any of its contents or you are implying that I need to set this to something else.

Please explain this a bit further.  I am a well versed IIS/ASP.NET/SQL Server developer, but this PHP stuff is all new to me.  I *believe* I have PHP properly installed as I have a test PHP page setup, that appears to run smoothly, without error.  But obviously, I am missing something here.  Can you tell if I am missing something by examining this page?

I wish RoundCube had a definitive, step-by-step installation procedure for us Windows2003/IIS users.  The installation "how-to" is great, but certainly is lacking when it comes to troubleshooting when obscure errors like this one crop up, when trying to execute the very step (/installer) that will help us get this wonderful application up and running.  I feel like I am close, but am very frustrated that I can't clear this last hurdle.

Again, all/any help is GREATLY appreciated as RoundCube appears to be the hands-down best webmail client to use with hMail.

Looking very forward to you assistance.  Thanks in advance.

BUXjr
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 11:27:20 PM by buxjr »

Offline buxjr

Wierd Installation Issue
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 11:26:56 PM »
Call off the dogs!

I finally was able to diagnose my issues.  Turns out, I had a bad PHP installation.  Had NOTHING to do with RoundCube.

Just to help others, this was the walkthrough I followed that installed PHP correctly, allowing RoundCube's installer to run smoothly.

http://www.wikihow.com/Install-PHP-5-for-Iis-6-on-Windows-Xp-and-2003

It is all up and running and I absolutely LOVE it.

Thanks for the attempted assisstance.

Happy Camper...

BUXjr

Offline JSkywalker

Wierd Installation Issue
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 05:04:24 AM »
Quote from: kilbe3;12747
Hi All,

The Issue:
I am just setting up RoundCube.
When I request the file “localhost/installer/index.php” I get the following error message:

Warning: include(C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail\program\lib\welcome.html) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail\installer\index.php on line 86

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'welcome.html' for inclusion (include_path='C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail/program/lib;C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail/program;C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail/program/include;.;c:\php\includes') in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail\installer\index.php on line 86

it seems that 'welcome.html'cannto be found.
try changing the 'include_path' of your php to have the dot as first option:

Code: [Select]
(include_path='.;C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail/program/lib;C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail/program;C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail/program/include;c:\php\includes')
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 05:08:38 AM by JSkywalker »
JSkywalker

Dovecot 1.1.1 - Postfix 2.3.2 - Roundcube 0.2a - Opensuse 10.2
Apache 2.2.3 - Php 5.2.6 - Mysql 5.0.26[/SIZE]

Offline kilbe3

Not the answer
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 12:55:51 PM »
Although I agree that PHP is most likely the issue. This change does not fix this problem for me.

My include path was:
include_path = ".;c:\php\includes;c:\php\PEAR"

I tried:
include_path='.;C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail\program\lib;C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail\program;C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail\program\include;c:\php\includes;c:\php\PEAR'

and I tried:
include_path='.;C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail/program/lib;C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail/program;C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail/program/include;c:\php\includes'

The error is still the same:
Warning: include(C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail2\program\lib\welcome.html) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail2\installer\index.php on line 86

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'welcome.html' for inclusion (include_path='C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail2/program/lib;C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail2/program;C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail2/program/include;.;c:\php\includes;c:\php\PEAR') in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail2\installer\index.php on line 86

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline JSkywalker

Wierd Installation Issue
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 07:26:09 AM »
Quote from: kilbe3;13147
Although I agree that PHP is most likely the issue. This change does not fix this problem for me.

My include path was:
include_path = ".;c:\php\includes;c:\php\PEAR"

I tried:
include_path='.;C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail\program\lib;C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail\program;C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail\program\include;c:\php\includes;c:\php\PEAR'

and I tried:
include_path='.;C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail/program/lib;C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail/program;C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail/program/include;c:\php\includes'

The error is still the same:
Warning: include(C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail2\program\lib\welcome.html) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail2\installer\index.php on line 86

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'welcome.html' for inclusion (include_path='C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail2/program/lib;C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail2/program;C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail2/program/include;.;c:\php\includes;c:\php\PEAR') in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mail2\installer\index.php on line 86

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

the warning is:
inclusion (include_path='C:\inetpub\ww....
and not:
inclusion (include_path='.;C:\inetpub\ww....

so, i think you change the wrong PHP.INI ??
or, did not restart apache after changing the PHP.INI ??
JSkywalker

Dovecot 1.1.1 - Postfix 2.3.2 - Roundcube 0.2a - Opensuse 10.2
Apache 2.2.3 - Php 5.2.6 - Mysql 5.0.26[/SIZE]

Offline kilbe3

PHP Installation
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 12:19:46 PM »
Thanks for the reply JSkywalker,

I am using ISS7 (WS08-E-SP1), see original post. I have searched my HDD for another copy of php.ini and can not find another copy with that name. The one I am using is in the PHP root directory.

I can correctly use SquirrelMail/other apps in PHP so PHP does run after a fashion.

I am a professional developer, but totally new to PHP.

Offline kilbe3

Wierd Installation Issue
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 12:49:37 PM »
OK, now we are getting somewhere!

What I did:
I completly deleted my php.ini file from my computer (well, actually renamed it)

The result:
The installer starts! The installer reports an issue with magic_quotes_gpc, but I can fix that.

Request/help:
Can anyone tell me why or what I was doing wrong?
My php file can be seen as text here:
http://easygrocery.co.uk/php.txt
http://easygrocery.co.uk/php_short.txt

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 01:04:26 PM by kilbe3 »