Author Topic: Empty folders, not able to delete!  (Read 5067 times)

Offline jackdelamare

Empty folders, not able to delete!
« on: July 03, 2008, 08:27:31 AM »
It's a running problem and has happened ever since I got Roundcube installed on my cPanel. Basically, when I go into it, there are messages in my inbox and I can view them. But when I got into other folders there are no messages. If I click back to inbox, there are now no messages.

Back to the inbox, when the messages are displayed, if I delete some, and then go to the trash folder, they won't be in there and then they will be back in the inbox.

I hope there is a fix for this as I cannot use RoundCube with this running problem.

Offline dano

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 02:51:56 PM »
Sounds like a caching problem.  You could locate the main.inc.php and change the cache to false but with every update it will be set to true again.

Offline jackdelamare

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 02:36:17 PM »
Quote from: dano;12818
Sounds like a caching problem.  You could locate the main.inc.php and change the cache to false but with every update it will be set to true again.

I tried this once, it was suggested on the old RoundCube forum but never worked. This is ridiculous, they shouldn't release a build that doesn't work.

Offline jackdelamare

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 12:27:06 PM »
Well this is good service. The problem is on going. Anybody got any solutions that work?

Offline dano

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 08:01:41 PM »
This is a user to user forum and with an attitude like yours no one is going to want to help you.

You want service submit a ticket to cPanel as they're the ones that included BETA software with their control panel.

Offline jackdelamare

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 03:38:12 PM »
Me, and quite a few others have been asking about this question for a while and we never get a response, so I guess sometimes you have to speak out to be heard.

The problem is RoundCube. It has nothing to do with cPanel. I actually asked my hosts to install RoundCube, which they did, and it's just not working.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 06:59:31 AM »
Are there any JS errors when you switch between folders or anything in the RC error log? What IMAP server are you using and what browser are you using?

Is there any possibility you could try 0.2a or better still the latest svn (both require php5) it is possible that if this is an RC bug it has been fixed already
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline jackdelamare

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 12:24:48 PM »
I get no error, just a blank page where the mail should be displayed, and when I go back to inbox it's the same thing.

I've asked my hosts what IMAP server I am using, no repsonse yet. Currently I'm having problems with my IMAP server (nothing to do with Roundcube, only just started) and it basically just does not load my e-mail and says "Error connecting to IMAP server".

I don't know what version of RoundCube I am using... how could I find out?

Offline jackdelamare

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 08:52:45 AM »
My IMAP server I believe is "UWimap".

Offline jackdelamare

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 01:16:23 PM »
Anybody solved this yet?

Offline jackdelamare

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2008, 06:45:04 AM »
This has been fixed, my host updated SquirrelMail and it worked.

Offline rosali

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2008, 01:53:23 PM »
Wow! I´m going to forward this approach to the devs ... Maybe a Squirrelmail update over a Roundcube Installation solves other issues too ;-)
Regards,
Rosali