Author Topic: Filter Features  (Read 6542 times)

Offline salvob

Filter Features
« on: June 15, 2008, 06:42:24 AM »
I'm proud of the roundcube project, i think that could be considered as a mainstream webmail client very soon and easily.

I'm not a programmer so unfortunally i can't help you in the development process.

Anyway IMHO the Message Filter Features must be implemented as soon as possibile, i think that its priority is higher than other features plained for the next releases.

This is only my personal advice!

Best Regards.

Offline wemail

Filter Features
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 01:56:41 PM »
I strongly agree - without filtering, it is a significant problem.

When filtering is available, this will be the webmail which we recommend to users.

Offline dano

Filter Features
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 02:58:55 PM »
Filtering is typically done on the back end not on an interface like this.  An addon could be made to be used in situations where you're running RC on a machine with the imap server locally but otherwise it's probably not likely to happen.

Offline none

Filter Features
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 04:21:23 PM »
I do agree, I'm about to change both personal webmail software and the one from work. both use squirrelmail and for the lack of filtering will be replaced.

dano: the thing is, is there a simple way to give a webgui to end user (that are not so close to the world of computing, and must have a simple ui to config their filters). is there any ? (I really don't know, and would be really glad to do so =] )

thank all

none

ps: if there is a patch or anything alike that could make the roundcube to deal nicely with filters I could test im my personal mail system and afterward try to make it to the work server :)