Author Topic: View Email as Text  (Read 4312 times)

Offline cam815

View Email as Text
« on: September 02, 2008, 05:10:44 PM »
I just received a forwarded email and the portion of the email I needed was nowhere to be found in RoundCube. I logged into the same IMAP account in Squirrelmail and there it was, the whole ">>" tagged section was simply missing from RoundCube. Squirrelmail also listed the email as having an attachment whereas RoundCube did not.

I was thinking that perhaps a simple link at the header of the email "View as Plain Text" would've allowed me to access the missing email parts. Is this correct and/or possible?

Offline cam815

View Email as Text
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 05:19:25 PM »
Also, my config is:

Code: [Select]
$rcmail_config['prefer_html'] = TRUE;

I have found that if I change that to FALSE, email content shows up more consistently, but most have an "HTML" link that pops open a window with an ugly inline display box.

I guess the behaviour I was shooting for was to always display as HTML, but in the case that the email didn't seem right, you could reload the message in the preview pane as plain text instead of HTML, showing you the full email message.

That just seemed 'normal' operation to me.

Offline rosali

View Email as Text
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 12:28:56 AM »
Please post or PM me the email source file.
Regards,
Rosali

Offline cam815

View Email as Text
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 12:35:18 PM »
Here's the source of the email. In HTML, everything in the second indent is not displayed. In Text, it's fine.

I have a few emails in my Inbox that are pretty much unreadable because they are all HTML now that I've switched to Plain Text viewing :( It seems I lose some one way or another - hence why HTML by default with a "View Text" option would really be ideal.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 12:37:30 PM by cam815 »