Author Topic: why did I try to upgrade???  (Read 7466 times)

Offline sleezstak

why did I try to upgrade???
« on: August 08, 2006, 09:09:06 PM »
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_input_value() in /homepages/43/d169358527/htdocs/webmail/index.php on line 98

This is my new problem....It was working fine and naturally my curiosity got the best of me the punch of a few keys later and the dreaded fatal error

Offline sleezstak

Re: why did I try to upgrade???
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 10:42:44 PM »
just went back to the old one and everything is working ok...I must have slipped on something when I tried to upgrade.

Offline jrmy

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 10:50:09 PM »
How did you go about performing the upgrade process? I have no problems my self.

Also, what version are you upgrading from?

Finally, I usually create a temporary directory and install the new version into it so that I don't hose my current install. Once it looks good I just do some folder renaming and I am good to go. :)

Offline sleezstak

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 10:48:36 AM »
I normally create the folder but it seemed so simple of a process just replacing the files. I got the error and just reverted back to the old index.php file and everything was ok. I ran the update on mysql and updated my table and replaced the default template, (I use bluetabby.) That maybe wherein the problem lies.

Offline Delta-9

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 12:07:37 PM »
Quote from: sleezstak
I ran the update on mysql and updated my table and replaced the default template, (I use bluetabby.) That maybe wherein the problem lies.

I used BlueTabby on the older beta version but was reluctant to use it again until I heard word of whether or not it was compatible with the new beta version. I posted a question about BlueTabby's compatibility with the new beta2 version.  I am still waiting to see if anyone has used it successfully, yet.

Offline digitalslave

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 09:12:45 PM »
a new beta2 compliant version of blue tabby has been uploaded - please grab it in the themes section!