Author Topic: MobileMe  (Read 59631 times)

Offline kreal

MobileMe
« on: July 20, 2008, 11:16:39 PM »
UPDATE: Fixed overlapping folders, plus optimized it for Safari. the new version is now 1.1

Made this MobileMe skin for RoundCube, since I use MobileMe on a daily basic for private and RoundCube for business, and didn't really feel like using two difference webmail clients.

Just be aware that apple might not like me using there icons, so only use it privately.

Here is the readme of what needs to be done for optimal viewing pleasure. And you can download version 1.0 here

Config requirements:

Code: [Select]
$rcmail_config['list_cols'] = array('cg', 'from', 'subject', 'date', 'size');
$rcmail_config['default_imap_folders'] = array('INBOX', 'Drafts', 'Sent', 'Trash', 'Junk');
$rcmail_config['skin_path'] = 'skins/MobileMe/';
$rcmail_config['preview_pane'] = TRUE;

"/program/js/app.js"

FIND this.button_sel = function(command, id)

CHANGE:
if (img && button.sel)
  img.src = button.sel;
TO:
if (img && button.sel) {
  img.src = button.sel;
  if (command == "delete" || command == "reply" || command == "reply-all" || command == "forward" || command == "checkmail" || command == "compose" || command == "viewsource" || (command == "add" && id != "rcmbtn108") || command == "edit" || command == "export")
    img.parentNode.style.backgroundImage = "url(skins/MobileMe/images/buttons/buttonbg_press.png)";
  else if (command != "firstpage" && command != "previouspage" && command != "nextpage" && command != "lastpage" && command != "firstmessage" && command != "previousmessage" && command != "nextmessage" && command != "lastmessage" && command != "add-attachment" && id != "rcmbtn108")
    img.parentNode.style.backgroundImage = "url(skins/MobileMe/images/buttons/buttonbgblue_press.png)";
  else if (id == "rcmbtn113" || id == "rcmbtn114")
    img.parentNode.style.backgroundImage = "url(skins/MobileMe/images/buttons/buttonbgblue_press.png)";
 }

FIND: this.button_out = function(command, id)

CHANGE:
if (img && button.act)
  img.src = button.act;
TO:
if (img && button.act) {
  img.src = button.act;
  if (command == "delete" || command == "reply" || command == "reply-all" || command == "forward" || command == "checkmail" || command == "compose" || command == "viewsource" || (command == "add" && id != "rcmbtn108") || command == "edit" || command == "export")
    img.parentNode.style.backgroundImage = "url(skins/MobileMe/images/buttons/buttonbg.png)";
  else if (command != "firstpage" && command != "previouspage" && command != "nextpage" && command != "lastpage" && command != "firstmessage" && command != "previousmessage" && command != "nextmessage" && command != "lastmessage" && command != "add-attachment" && id != "rcmbtn108")
    img.parentNode.style.backgroundImage = "url(skins/MobileMe/images/buttons/buttonbgblue.png)";
  else if (id == "rcmbtn113" || id == "rcmbtn114")
    img.parentNode.style.backgroundImage = "url(skins/MobileMe/images/buttons/buttonbgblue.png)";
}

"/program/steps/mail/func.inc"

CHANGE:
$standard_headers = array('subject', 'from', 'organization', 'to', 'cc', 'bcc', 'reply-to', 'date');

TO:
$standard_headers = array('from', 'subject', 'date', 'to', 'organization', 'cc', 'bcc', 'reply-to');

--

And some screenshots:

View mail

Compose

Compose HTML

Contacts

Settings
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 01:23:07 AM by kreal »

Offline craggles

Amazing!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 09:59:28 PM »
That looks amazing!

If only themes could be altered in the 'personal settings' link. I've got access to RoundCube through my hosting package but don't have access to the config files.

It's taken me a while to notice the roundcube webmail optionbut I'm glad I have it now!

I will continue the hunt to change the logo in the top left of the screen - I have several domains with webmail and it'd be easy to distinguish the different browser tabs if I could change the logo per domain.

One day all that functionality will be built in. I can only marvel at the great work being done on the project so far.

Offline kreal

Thanks
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 11:32:19 PM »
Thanks craggles, took me a good 3 days to port it.

Just notice if you use the newest RoundCube from the svn there are some errors in the design. But once the changes go public, I will update the skin as well.

Kind regards.

Offline knut_

yeah
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 11:38:30 AM »
thank you very much man! this is really f*king great! :D

(and i just signed up here to post this message) ;)

cheers to denmark

ps: but theres sth wrong if u have some subfolders in a normal folder... it overlaps them.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 11:56:19 AM by knut_ »

Offline Jimmy Rittenborg

MobileMe
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 07:55:42 PM »
@kreal damn et lækkert skin du har strikket sammen dér, ved godt at det jo bare er taget fra mobileme, men det ser piv-lækkert ud..

henter det med det samme :)

Offline flosoft

• http://flosoft.biz
MobileMe
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 08:01:51 AM »
Wooooow! This loooks ..... WOOOOOOW!

Offline flosoft

• http://flosoft.biz
MobileMe
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 08:19:09 AM »
Ok, I found a bug.
Check this attachment :S

The folder list has some problems, and the icons at the bottom. Latest Roundcube SVN and applied all code changes.

Offline kreal

MobileMe
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 10:29:00 PM »
Quote from: Jimmy Rittenborg;13093
@kreal damn et lækkert skin du har strikket sammen dér, ved godt at det jo bare er taget fra mobileme, men det ser piv-lækkert ud..

Bare og bare :) Men tak

Getting right on it flosoft and knut_
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 10:31:50 PM by kreal »

Offline dj2

MobileMe
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 03:14:02 PM »
This is a fantastic skin you've made.  Unfortunately, like most others, I'm on shared hosting so I can't use it.  But I am currently in the works of making a home server, so I may be able to use it later on.  Thanks and keep up the excellent work!

Offline brianrecchia

MobileMe
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 01:11:41 AM »
Quote from: dj2;13102
This is a fantastic skin you've made.  Unfortunately, like most others, I'm on shared hosting so I can't use it.  But I am currently in the works of making a home server, so I may be able to use it later on.  Thanks and keep up the excellent work!

It works perfectly fine for me on 1&1's shared hosting. I had to change a few settings to install RoundCube (a magic quotes setting and also I had to tell 1&1 to use PHP5 instead of PHP4) but that involved simply editing my .htaccess and putting a php.ini in every roundcube folder (which I admit WAS a pain in the ass but that's just because I had to put it in any folder)

If anyone wants to try it out and has Gmail, just go to http://rc.brian.recchia.name and log in with your Gmail name and password (don't worry, it doesn't store any of your stuff on my server; it just stores any settings you set and your Gmail username) and if you want to thank me, just read http://brian.recchia.name (there's no ads, I promise. I just want my website to be more popular.)
If this is considered spamming, I'm sorry.

Offline dj2

MobileMe
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 10:39:42 AM »
Quote from: brianrecchia;13136
It works perfectly fine for me on 1&1's shared hosting. I had to change a few settings to install RoundCube (a magic quotes setting and also I had to tell 1&1 to use PHP5 instead of PHP4) but that involved simply editing my .htaccess and putting a php.ini in every roundcube folder (which I admit WAS a pain in the ass but that's just because I had to put it in any folder)

If anyone wants to try it out and has Gmail, just go to http://rc.brian.recchia.name and log in with your Gmail name and password (don't worry, it doesn't store any of your stuff on my server; it just stores any settings you set and your Gmail username) and if you want to thank me, just read http://brian.recchia.name (there's no ads, I promise. I just want my website to be more popular.)
If this is considered spamming, I'm sorry.

Yea, I'm not sure what error I was getting but it involved a php.ini file.  I emailed support and was told that roundcube was indeed working on my email.  Well, they have it installed through fantastico so right now that's the only way to get it working.

Offline knuckles

MobileMe
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2008, 05:26:38 AM »
Awesome skin, I've installed it without modifying any config files and it is functionally working.  I do see some overlap on a few fields that I'm sure would be fixed by editing the config files as you mention above.  My question before doing so:  will adjusting these files affect other skins installed in roundcube negatively?  My users are still on the default skin until I can find a stable and maintained 3rd party skin that is well liked.  If I make the adjustments you laid out, will it screw up the default skin?

Offline simphax

MobileMe
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2008, 06:22:11 PM »
Quote from: Jimmy Rittenborg;13093

Hehe. är det norskar här på forumet eller är det danskar ? :) coolt

Offline NiTr0

MobileMe
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 10:32:03 AM »
Good skin... but there are some disadvantages:
1) No "Exit" button
2) No "Select all/select old" buttons
3) No "Quota" bar
4) Non-functional button "Source text"
5) 3rd column in options with content from internet - isn't good for LAN mail servers.
Tested on 0.2a
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 10:46:40 AM by NiTr0 »

Offline tobix

MobileMe
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2008, 11:01:19 AM »
Great work, thank you!

But, somtimes, mail marked as read, without read the mails...
Today I deleted two mails in my inbox, using the del-button.
Both mails are moved to trash, but one of them was marked as read.

Regards, Tobi