Author Topic: MobileMe  (Read 58912 times)

Offline phireware

MobileMe
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2009, 02:58:49 PM »
DClark, I just took the CSS from the mail compose area and applied it to the User Prefs area. No plugins involved. I've never actually played with any plugins for roundcube. The problem with the search bar was only in the address book area, and I don't know why as you said you had already fixed it. I hope you don't mind other people carrying on the project. It's a great theme and deserves to continue on! By the way I used Safari 4 in Snow Leopard. Is that what you used?

ABerglund, the problems you point out can be fixed, it's just I need time to look at them. But they are all small problems.

If this project continues and you suggest the Apple Copyright, shall we rename the theme? Keep the images of course, put instead of the copyright, "Apple owns all rights to the images/icons used in this theme." Then name the theme MobileCube? For the RoundCube mail skin? :) Or MeMobile? or iMobile? New theme name or the same? Considering copyright and everything! Just a thought of course!

Attached a new "MobileCube" look?!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 10:22:33 PM by phireware »

Offline DClark

MobileMe
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2009, 10:43:52 AM »
phireware nice job with the new logon screen changes, regarding copyright it all depends on if the theme is being used online or intranet.

With regards to the search bar problem, I had fixed it in the mail screen didn't realise that it remained in the address section, as I use Firefox as my main browser I had missed it completely, I also had tested it using the latest Safari 4.0.4.

I have no problem with the naming change with the theme, or with anybody helping correct bugs and putting in new modifications.
I'm quite glad that there's someone else interested in fixing the theme, after the thread went quiet months ago I decided to try and fix alot of things myself that were bugging me somethings still do.

I was asking about one of your pictures of the compose screen, with the text style bar in it as I don't have that bar in my copy of roundcube. Do you have to enable it in the roundcube config files?

Moving forward with this theme I do think that it maybe much better if the html code was brought upto date as alot of the files have the same code repeated in alot of other sections that could be put in one file and referenced in the others to make fixing code easier. for example the search bar problem was repeated over multiple files which all required changing seperately.

Offline phireware

MobileMe
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2009, 08:00:50 PM »
phireware nice job with the new logon screen changes, regarding copyright it all depends on if the theme is being used online or intranet.

With regards to the search bar problem, I had fixed it in the mail screen didn't realise that it remained in the address section, as I use Firefox as my main browser I had missed it completely, I also had tested it using the latest Safari 4.0.4.

I have no problem with the naming change with the theme, or with anybody helping correct bugs and putting in new modifications.
I'm quite glad that there's someone else interested in fixing the theme, after the thread went quiet months ago I decided to try and fix alot of things myself that were bugging me somethings still do.

I was asking about one of your pictures of the compose screen, with the text style bar in it as I don't have that bar in my copy of roundcube. Do you have to enable it in the roundcube config files?

Moving forward with this theme I do think that it maybe much better if the html code was brought upto date as alot of the files have the same code repeated in alot of other sections that could be put in one file and referenced in the others to make fixing code easier. for example the search bar problem was repeated over multiple files which all required changing seperately.

DClark, the compose style bar has always been there. I didn't apply any themes or plugins other than the MobileMe theme. I fixed some more things, this theme is a very nice one. Is the bar you're talking about attached below?

If you go under user pref, choose composing messages in the preferences list and check off compose emails in HTML. That should make the bar appear.

Interesting skin, very promising. I tested it in Safari 4 (Snow Leopard), Camino (Mac) and Firefox 3.5 (in XP). Here are things I noted while testing 2.1 -
Does not support nested folders
Does not support the 'Flagged' column in the message list
Many common plugins not well supported, such as Contextmenu (works, but bad CSS), Password (tab not visible in Prefs), and Vacation (tab also not visible in Prefs)
Tools button in toolbar only has 'Show Source', no dropdown with the other actions
Line spacing in the messagelist is variable - if only a few mesages are in a mailbox they are spaced vertically to fill the window, even if there are only three or four. Looks odd.
Login and Logout page shows Apple's copyright and probably needs to be purged of their trademarks

ABerglund, I fixed the mail message problem when there are only a few messages in the inbox. I attached an image below. Working on flagged emails next!

Offline phireware

MobileCube 2.1.1
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2009, 02:30:14 AM »
Released a new version, fixed some things, added some things. Check it out! The README file is now updated as well. I hope you guys like some of the new changes, some are larger than others. I renamed it to MobileCube to avoid copyright issues and other stuff. Hope you like it!

ABerglund, I think I fixed the flagged messages to what you were talking about. If I didn't please let me know.

Download it here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/486610/MobileCube2.1.1.zip

Offline DClark

MobileMe
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2009, 10:26:16 AM »
Quote from: phireware;24252
If you go under user pref, choose composing messages in the preferences list and check off compose emails in HTML. That should make the bar appear.

Thanks this done the trick, I knew I was missing something.

Offline phireware

MobileMe
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2009, 02:45:51 PM »
So what do you think of 2.1.1? Any better? Any problems?

I created a new thread to begin work on MobileCube:

http://www.roundcubeforum.net/8-themes-styling/28-theme-releases/6012-new-mobileme-mobilecube.html
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 03:10:28 PM by phireware »

Offline phireware

MobileMe
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2009, 12:06:53 PM »
Quote from: knuckles;13181
Awesome skin, I've installed it without modifying any config files and it is functionally working.  I do see some overlap on a few fields that I'm sure would be fixed by editing the config files as you mention above.  My question before doing so:  will adjusting these files affect other skins installed in roundcube negatively?  My users are still on the default skin until I can find a stable and maintained 3rd party skin that is well liked.  If I make the adjustments you laid out, will it screw up the default skin?

Try the new version of the MobileMe theme. MobileCube.