Author Topic: Mark as read in Preview Pane  (Read 11378 times)

Offline mfallon

Mark as read in Preview Pane
« on: July 27, 2008, 11:05:12 PM »
It would be useful if there were a configuration option which allowed you to specify that messages did not get marked as read when viewing them in the preview pane. I like the preview pane and prefer to use it for reading my messages, however I often prefer to leave messages unread.

Is this something which can be added to the configuration settings?

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 03:31:48 AM »
I think this patch is what you are looking for. http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1485012

"Patch adds an option to the user preferences to not mark a message as read when it is viewed in the preview pane."
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline lacri

• http://www.php-lexikon.de
Preview Not Mark As Read Bug
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 06:46:16 AM »
Hi JohnDoh

i have apply the actualy patch from RoundCube Patches for Preview Not Mark As Read on a clear install of RC02 stable and found a bug ...

after patching the files add a new identity dosnt work by click on new identity the right frame are empty and the new identity button will show under the existing identitys.

sorry for my bad english ;) i'm german without english expirience

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 01:40:22 PM »
Hi Lacri,

I had a look at the patch and i found a mistake. Please reverse the original version and download the new one from my site. Also make sure you clear your browser cache. Sorry.

JD

Offline lacri

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 04:08:46 AM »
Hi John,

in the current version RC 0.2.1 there is a small problem if the not mark as read patch inserts.

With messages without attachment it all ok, has a message however an attachment and I regards these in the preview window and updates the Mail view the message as read is represented, has already tries the problem to find and/or the place find where the message as read is marked finds however the cause. Thus so far I to say know concern it only messages with attachment

tested with clean RC 0.2.1 installation and only this patch

Thanks for your help
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 02:25:20 AM by lacri »

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 01:37:34 PM »
Hi, I'm sorry I am having a bit of trouble understand. Do you mean you get a message with an attachment, you read it in the preview pane, then you open the attachment and then it is marked as read by the system.

I was doing some testing and just loading a message in the preview pane, any message, does not mark it as read - only when you open thet attachment.

Is that what you mean?

Offline lacri

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 02:57:01 AM »
Hi John,

not completely, it is not necessarily the attachment to open around the error to produce

Step by step

In Options mark read in preview pane is deactivated. I have a new unread mail with attachment, if I read these in the preview window am her further unread. I click now on the post office entrance or on the INBOX Folder appear the mail again as read. Should be still unread however.

I test it just with the new Patch 2377 and 2378 from the Repository.

You do not have to apologize if you other things to do have are no problem the genuine life go forwards there must I stop patience apply thanks for your assistance.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 03:08:45 AM by lacri »

Offline lacri

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 03:10:36 AM »
Yes the Patch of alec 2377 and 2378 repairs the problem.

That also always that lay and whatever causes the PEEK :D

I would have found, have already surely never try that the self to find and fix it.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 03:20:11 AM »
yep, i just saw he fixed it. :D

Offline cheeserolls

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2009, 02:37:32 AM »
Hi guys.  I just installed RoundCube as a potential replacement for the squirrelmail system I've been using for years.  So far I'm really impressed.

This patch sounds like the last thing I need to make it a 'perfect' email client...  except, I don't know how to install it.

Please can anyone help?

I've downloaded the most recent version from here:
Attachment ? Roundcube Webmail

....and I just about understand that you're supposed to use the patch command on the file in order to fix the files....  but I think I must be missing something important, because the patch references files in roundcube_svn and roundcube_pub directories, which don't exist in my install.  Is that because the patch is supposed to be applied to files in a repository or something?

I considered just going through the files in my install and making the changes myself, but I was afraid of doing something that would break future upgrades.  Plus there seems to be some magic going on that turns a js.src file to a .js file which I don't understand.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Dan  :)

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2009, 05:30:45 AM »
I'm afraid the patch you are trying to use is no longer supported. The file on the ticket is out of date, I have no idea if it would actually work with 0.3 or 0.3.1.

The patch has been around for a long time but no one ever seemed interested in it so I guess the devs don't think it is worth merging. The instructions on how to merge it got taken down when support was stopped.

If you are really interested PM me your email address and I'll send you the latest version and quick guide on how to apply it. Ideally you should be running the latest SVN trunk version of RC, not the release to apply the patch too, I have not tested the patch with the 0.3.1 release