Author Topic: Calendar  (Read 6428 times)

Offline thibautds

Calendar
« on: August 02, 2008, 02:55:26 PM »
I've seen mobileMe and I think we must integrate an ical -like calendar system
because this is very useful! :)

Thx for reading

Offline zoidberg

Calendar
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 01:42:15 AM »
I've never understood how such a calendar can be useful. I use an online calendar, fwiw Yahoo's, but I have felt the need to have one embedded in a mail app. Are we talking usefulness, or feature-creep?
zoidberg

Offline dj2

Calendar
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 11:14:58 AM »
Quote from: zoidberg;13192
I've never understood how such a calendar can be useful. I use an online calendar, fwiw Yahoo's, but I have felt the need to have one embedded in a mail app. Are we talking usefulness, or feature-creep?

I would guess both, honestly.  A lot of people may be used to how Outlook/Entourage has an all-in-one approach, putting mail, contacts, calendars all in one program, so it's not too far out of reach to wish for that in a web client, esp. if you can't be on your own computer and need quick access to a calendar.

Offline zoidberg

Calendar
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 03:35:20 PM »
I admire your capacity to extend basic charity to confirmed Outlook users. I'm not sure they're the demographic any software project ought to establish as a primary test market.

If one is using roundcube, by definition one is sitting at a networked computer and ought to have access to any of the myriad online calendars out there. Ditto addressbooks. For addresses and phone numbers I also use Yahoo, but in a mail app all I really need and want in addressbook form are . . . email addresses.

Best,
zoidberg