Author Topic: Looking for integrated spam handling...  (Read 6877 times)

Offline Zxurian

Looking for integrated spam handling...
« on: August 17, 2008, 03:24:52 AM »
Pardon my ignorance, but I've search and so far haven't found an answer on the forums yet.

I have Roundcube running for a client that has ~40 mailboxes. All mailboxes connect to the mail server via IMAP. Roundcube runs perfectly smooth without problems. I'm now looking for some type of spam management, as the one provided by the host doesn't work that well.

I'm looking for something similar to the way SpamBayes works, as that's what i'm familiar wtih, and i've seen talk about SpamAssassin, which after looking up seems to do the same job.

My question is, is there currently any plugins, or code modifications that will analyze mail as the user checks their mailbox? I'd rather not run cron jobs, as those will run on a timed basis weather or not someone is checking their mail in a timely manner.

Is there some code that could be added to Roundcube, that would run when a user first checks their mail (and as new mail arrives and they're logged in), that would process it first through SpamBayes/SpamAssassin, and then copy the message into a "Spam" Folder upon finding a positive?
Assuming that a bayesian filter is being used, there would also have to be "This is spam" and "This is not spam" buttons added.

Any ideas in the works at all? (Just asking, as spam seems to be the biggest complaints that i'm getting right now.

Thank you for your time,
- Rick

Offline denis123

antispam solution
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 08:30:45 AM »
what mta do you use?

Offline Zxurian

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 12:33:35 PM »
if you could tell me what "mta" means, I could let you know.

Thanks,
- Rick

Offline rosali

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 03:16:24 PM »
MTA = Mail Transfer Application ... Mail Server (backend)
Regards,
Rosali

Offline Zxurian

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 10:13:19 PM »
I looked through the Server Specs of my host, and I the specs that I found are as follows:

ASP Mail
Vendor: Sun Microsystems / Chilisoft

IMAP
Name: Courier-IMAP
Version: 3.0.8 Custom
SSL: Enabled

Mail Server
Name: Qmail
Version: 1.03 Custom
SMTP Authentication: Enabled

I hope this answers the MTA question.