Author Topic: Option to disable automatic display of images  (Read 5064 times)

Offline sigil

Option to disable automatic display of images
« on: August 10, 2006, 08:22:14 AM »
I have users that are on low bandwidth links, for these users it would be helpful to toggle automatic display of image attachments, currently if an attachment is an image it is displayed inline, even if the image attachment is not sent inline.

Thanks

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
Re: Option to disable automatic display of images
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 09:07:30 AM »
Currently, there isn't an option for this; however, I would be willing to be there will be one eventually.

Offline feek

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 05:49:59 AM »
Hi, I have different problem, I can not automaticly display any attached images :)

(version beta2 on LAMP)

I have changed "showImages" to "true" in skins/default/templates/printmessage.html . Didn't help.

Thanks for help

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 02:05:58 AM »
Yes this need to be added at some point, but its the the most important think to do right now.

reefnet

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 02:44:58 AM »
Just want to add another vote here...I get a lot of image attachments and they make reading my mail via dial-up extremely frustrating. Even on my broadband connection, an email with a lot of images can take a LONG time to load. I'd much rather have the images suppressed.

So please, PRETTY PLEASE add a config setting/flag to disable the forced image view. It ought to be a very simple tweak, no? A few "if" statements in your HTML generation routines?