Author Topic: Attachment corruption with certain versions of Outlook  (Read 3421 times)

Offline chops11

Attachment corruption with certain versions of Outlook
« on: April 30, 2008, 10:06:03 AM »
First, thanks for all who put their time into this project.

Seoncd, A roundcube user (IE v7.0) at my business sent a 25.1 KB Excel (.xls) file using Roundcube to 4 users:  

User 1 - Outlook 2000
User 2 - Outlook 2003
User 3 - Outlook Express v6
User 4 - Outlook Express v6

All 4 users using pop3/smtp via a third party webhosting service.

Both users 3 and 4 received a 25.1 KB file that opened without trouble.  

Both users 1 and 2 received a 23.4 KB file that when trying to open gives an error "The file is in a different format than specified by the file extention" and upon opening is filled with jibberish such as "?>"

The same test was tried with a Word (.doc) file and experienced the same results.

The files can be opened by all 4 users when transferred via outlook to outlook without using Roundcube.

I'd have to imagine that there is some problem with the format that extentions are being sent with when it comes to Outlook receiving them.  The strange part is, Outlook Express works correctly.

Offline antuco

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 04:05:05 PM »
Hi,
I'm using outlook 2007 and it has the same issue, all microsoft office attachement arrive corrupt (or are shown corrupt).
Anybody has a workaround for this?

Regards!

Offline raztybaby

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 10:05:31 PM »
same problem here..

Offline dj2

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 10:22:14 PM »
When they're received by the Outlook users, do the files have the proper extension attached?  Sometimes I've noticed where it will just be "filename" instead of "filename.doc".  If not, just save the attachment and then add the extension and see what happens.  If that isn't it, just ignore what I said :)

Offline raztybaby

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 11:04:37 PM »
sir, attached is the problem that i encountered when i open the file in the outlook.. by the way i am using the roundcube v0.2-alpha release..
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 11:14:46 PM by raztybaby »