Author Topic: Empty Folder  (Read 5201 times)

Offline yfastud

Empty Folder
« on: August 10, 2006, 11:51:26 AM »
Anyone have the problem with Empty Folder in the left bottom? It's gray out and unclickable.
First, I think it only works with Trash folder, but after deleted and had some messages in Trash, it still not working at all.
Please, post your solution here.
Thanks.

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
Re: Empty Folder
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 02:03:56 PM »
Works for me..... I moved messages to trash, then clicked the "Emtpy" link under the folders tab.

Offline Delta-9

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 09:42:40 AM »
Works for me as well, but I believe it is only intended to be used with the trash folder. It is not meant to 'Empty' a folder other than the Trash.

And while we are talking about this, I tweaked the Javascript file on my install so the confirm dialog box is not displayed and my trash is just emptied when I click "Empty."  This was not a hard tweak if you are interested in making this change, this might be something that could be added to the config/main.inc.php as a TRUE/FALSE variable in future releases.

For now, just comment out two lines in the program/js/app.js file. Those two lines are shown below with my comment above them.

// commented this out so the confirm delete dialog is not displayed
  //if (!confirm(this.get_label('purgefolderconfirm')))
   //return false;

Offline yfastud

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 09:11:01 PM »
I also have a problem with Sent folder, sent-mails aren't store in it at all; however, I've already found the solution for both; just delete both folder, then create the new ones. Remember case sensitive, so they should be "Trash" and "Sent" instead original "trash" and "sent"
Hope this help anyone might encounter the same problem.

Offline luedi

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 06:50:02 AM »
I've got another problem:

Folders in my trash cannot be deleted. I can delete / empty single files out of the trash but not folders.
is there some trick to it?

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 08:09:39 AM »
How are you trying to do it? The empty or compact links at the bottom, or multiple selection with the delete button / key?