Author Topic: Attachments: corrupted  (Read 3738 times)

Offline bear

Attachments: corrupted
« on: September 17, 2008, 08:35:44 AM »
Had a client complain about attachments in RC (Cpanel 11 server, PHP4x). Each time he tries to send, the attached file is either corrupted or 0 bytes. Size or file type doesn't seem to matter, as PDFs and images all have the same result, small or large. I'd received a test file he sent, a PDF, and opened it with a HEX editor (Acrobat choked on it). The contents had numerous small boxes scattered throughout, as if it had been uploaded/downloaded using the wrong method (ASCII vs BIN for example).

We've had cPanel look at this, and they claimed they'd fixed it, but it's still not working as of today. We'd prefer to fix the issue rather than stop offering RC to our users (who love it otherwise), but the issue is serious. So far only one user has reported it, but I had him try on more than one computer to rule out his system being the cause. Same result.
Suggestions?

Offline rosali

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 11:11:41 AM »
Update latest SVN-release (/trunk ? RoundCube Webmail ? Trac). There was a lot of work done with attachment handling.

-Roland
Regards,
Rosali

Offline bear

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 11:24:54 AM »
Quote from: rosali;13943
There was a lot of work done with attachment handling.

Thanks Roland, but the readme shows little was done, actually. I didn't see anything specifically related to corruption, except unintentional truncating, and that's not the same issue.