Author Topic: 2MB Limit Increased but Timeout Occurs  (Read 4883 times)

Offline Justin

2MB Limit Increased but Timeout Occurs
« on: September 23, 2008, 11:29:04 PM »
I've increased the 2MB limit in both the php.ini and .htaccess files on my Ubuntu server.  I have also restarted apache "/etc/init.d/apache stop && /etc/init.d/apache/start".  I can send attachments under 2MB in size no problem.  I can now _upload_ attachments greater than 2MB no problem.  I _cannot_ however send the e-mail.  When clicking the send button with a > 2MB attachment the animated roundcube icon goes on and on forever without end.  Could some on explain to me what else the problem could be?  Uploading a file that is 1.9MB takes about 2 seconds.  Uploading a 2+ MB file takes about 3 seconds.  I don't think it is a low bandwidth/timeout related issue.  Thoughts?

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
2MB Limit Increased but Timeout Occurs
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 03:31:53 AM »
Is there anything in your RC error log? There are some known problems with attachemnts at memory usage and they cause behaviour like this. If that is the problem then you should see a message in the RC error log and the solution (for the moment atleast) is to raise the php memory limit. The devs are working on ways to reduce the memory usage.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦