Author Topic: Expanding/Collapsing folders and HTML Editor  (Read 25528 times)

Offline bozhe

Expanding/Collapsing folders and HTML Editor
« on: August 11, 2006, 10:05:23 AM »
I am switching a town government network to RoundCube. I love your project and I appreciate the great work that you all are doing!
My immediate supervisor is going nuts over the expanding/collapsing folders issue as he has a lot of folders. Sometimes "little" things like this can make or break the implementation of a project. I also think that an HTML Editor in the mail compose form would be great. In the 21st century most users expect these features and one sees HTML Editors everywhere nowadays. Not having one makes RoundCube seem a little behind the times, unfortunately.

Thanks again,

bozhe

Offline xoqez

Re: Expanding/Collapsing folders and HTML Editor
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 03:01:40 AM »
The folders i do not know about but the html editor i do

take a look at http://roundcubeforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=378.0

this may help

Thanks
--
Venond; using roundcube since June 2006
www.venond.com

Offline hobbes

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 04:56:52 PM »
I have to say that upgrading a government network to use a BETA product is probably the worst idea in the world. Sometimes little things like that can lose you your job.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 01:58:42 AM »
Well, I think there was someing with the Collapsing folders some were, but I can't find it, I think it was on the forum before it crashed, as for the HTML Editor you have the code to put it in, but It need to be put into the svn

Offline NaiosKae

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 01:45:29 AM »
Hi

I have started some work tohave folders expansind/collapsing

try this if you want http://hypercube.dynalias.org/~naios/rcmaillist.tgz

it only works with javascript and css

Offline seansan

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 07:46:18 AM »

NaiosKae, it looks good.

Though I receive an error - line 123 -> rcube_list_widget undefined (IE7).

Furthermore the folderlist is showing a little strange. Too much to the left and the + sign seems to have alot of space around it. See attachment

Quote from: NaiosKae
Hi

I have started some work tohave folders expansind/collapsing

try this if you want http://hypercube.dynalias.org/~naios/rcmaillist.tgz

it only works with javascript and css

Offline NaiosKae

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 09:21:13 AM »
Ok, I have made some more changes.

it 's now a little bit nicer

and can be tested here : https://hypercube.dynalias.org/roundcube/ (log in as demo/demo)
files are still downloadable at http://hypercube.dynalias.org/~naios/rcmaillist.tgz

And now folder are defaultly collapsed

My code is not really clean but can be used by the dev team to be integrated in your way (wich is nicer than mine)

note that I have only tested it with Firefox 1.5 and 2.0 so behavior could be different using other browsers (like IE due to css2 integration I have no windows to test with IE so I let someone else do this part of the job ;))

I will next look to alternate plus and minus symbols but I think that's not the easiest part of the thing

A thing that I have absolutly no idea how to do, is expanding folders when dragging mail over (perhaps am I not clear)

Offline daashag

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 10:21:16 AM »
What version of RC did you implement this on?

Offline NaiosKae

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 10:23:46 AM »
I made those changes in rc 0.1 beta 2 tarball

Note that generated code is not fully w3c compliant (in fact it uses an tag before the
  • tag and that shouldn't be done, but I don't know how to avoid this).

• Offline daashag

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 10:40:07 AM »
    It doesn't seem to work with the latest svn. The folders expand and collapse but you can't click on any of the folders to open them.

edit: Looks very nice though. Nice addition to RC.

Offline NaiosKae

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 10:51:35 AM »
    Few reason can be imagined

First one, as I said before, It behavior can be affected from one browser to an other, I can only test with Firefox (2.0 at home and 1.5 at work, both running on debian system).

Second one, func.inc has been modified from beta to SVN version.

I only modify the beta, because, today, the source code of this version is fixed. If the dev team includes it in the project, then it may work in the SVN version, and considered in source code changes.

what behavior do you have with my own server (using demo user?)
    Is there the same problem? what browser/system are you running on ?

Offline daashag

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2007, 11:03:27 AM »
    It works on both Firefox2.0 and IE6 using the beta on my server as well as yours. However the plus signs are positioned better with Firefox2.0.

Offline seansan

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2007, 11:33:48 AM »
      Good update - I would recommend though to try and incorporate the code in the latest SVN. this would avoid later retesting. (
    PS. I tried diffing against SVN 445 - but the differences are vast. I dont know what was added/changed for these folder actions)

My feedback (also see attachment - in IE7)
    • Folders are still aligned to far to the left, or at least different from my own RC
    • Plus sign doesnt turn into a minus (-) when expanded
    • Sub - sub folders are not recognizable as such and treated (in view) as folders under demo
    • What happens when the subfolder list is so large that it will not be viewable anymore in the left window?
    example.
    + folder 1
    + folder 2
    + folder 2.1
    + folder 2.1.1
    + folder 2.2

instead of
    + folder 1
    + folder 2
     + folder 2.1
      + folder 2.1.1
     + folder 2.2
    [/list]

Offline NaiosKae

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2007, 12:00:55 PM »
    As I said before, The plus placement problem is due to css2 interpretaion with browsers, I can't test with IE so I can't correct this. If someone could, it would be a nice Idea.

To make this fully w3c compliant, we have to move the Anchor tag inside the list item tag and force placement with css in the outside left of the list Item (don't now if it will work, I will try at a later time)

plus/minux toggle, I 'll try to make it later cause I don't know if background images defined in css are accessible in javascript and if it is a writable object.

What happens when the subfolder list is so large that it will not be viewable anymore in the left window?
    I'm not sure but it should not affect the default behavior (in FF2.0) because when placing the plus symbol, css move the Li margin on the left to put it back in the right place.

Offline seansan

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2007, 12:04:09 PM »
    Good update - I would recommend though to try and incorporate the code in the latest SVN. this would avoid later retesting.
    (PS. I tried diffing against SVN 445 - but the differences are vast. I dont know what was added/changed for these folder actions)

please find screenie of test results in opera