Author Topic: Force new user to create identity (instead of RC creating one)  (Read 6108 times)

Offline Zippy1970

Force new user to create identity (instead of RC creating one)
« on: September 30, 2008, 07:49:20 AM »
I posted a question if this was at all possible here but judging by the lack or replies I'm guessing it's not.

So please consider this my official request for this. :)

I'm guessing that in most cases, RC is creating the wrong default identity for new users since it either uses $rcmail_config['default_host'] or virtusertable. In both cases the chances this actually creates a usable identity are slim. For several reasons.

So my request is to force a user to create a new identity the first time he logs in, or at least have him confirm the identity created by RC.

The way it is now not only utterly confuses a lot of users, but poses a serious security risk as well because if a user doesn't change his identity, it exposes information you really don't want exposed (especially when a mail domain is a virtual domain, and the local part of the email address is an alias. RC will actually expose the real server name and a real username - hence security risk).

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 09:55:49 AM »
Hi,

Please put feature requests on trac (RoundCube Webmail ? Trac). That is the place for bugs and feature requests and stuff.

Thanks
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline Zippy1970

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 09:58:28 AM »
Oh. I thought that "Requests to the roundcube development team of items or features you'd like to see in roundcube go here." meant that request to the roundcube development team of items and features I'd like to see in roundcube go here.

Silly me.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 10:19:20 AM »
Sorry i hadn't noticed that before. But if you want things noticed by the devs then trac or the mailinglist is a much better way to go.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline Zippy1970

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 12:18:14 PM »
Ok, thanks for the tip. :)