Author Topic: Can't create new directory  (Read 7220 times)

Offline ReWinD

Can't create new directory
« on: August 11, 2006, 12:10:36 PM »
Hello,
i'm a newbie in webmail configurations, but i have an problem
while creating a folder (sry for my english, i learn on the net ;) )

My configuration is splitted in 3 different servers:

1 web-server (Roundcube running on it), 1 DB server, 1 mail-server with IMAP - IMAP/SSL - POP - POP/SSL - SMTP - SMTP/SSL, Procmail, Amavis-new, Spamassassin, Postfix, ClamAV.

My Roundcube seem to work fine, and all messages are stored or sended correctly, but nothing to do when i wan't to create a new folder...

Has my Postfix configuration some problems or i have to do something on my roundcube config, cause i tried to change permissions on the Maildir folder but it didn't work ?

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
Re: Can't create new directory
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 11:13:24 PM »
Your english is good. I understood what you were asking. ;)

1 web-server (Roundcube running on it), 1 DB server, 1 mail-server with IMAP - IMAP/SSL - POP - POP/SSL - SMTP - SMTP/SSL, Procmail, Amavis-new, Spamassassin, Postfix, ClamAV.
This is known as a cluster, and sounds like you're using RackSpace or Servage.net ;) Unfortunately, this really has nothing to do with your issue really.

My Roundcube seem to work fine, and all messages are stored or sended correctly, but nothing to do when i wan't to create a new folder...
How are you creating the folder? And are you generally allowed to create a folder for yourself in any other program? Like if you used your hosts webmail can you create a folder then? Or what about Outlook / Thunderbird / Eudora / kMail / whatever you use. Can you create folders outside of Roundcube?

Has my Postfix configuration some problems or i have to do something on my roundcube config, cause i tried to change permissions on the Maildir folder but it didn't work ?
Honestly, I think this is a server issue. You may want to look at your IMAP server configuration and make sure that users have permission to create their own folders. I've never run an IMAP server before, so I'm not sure about any of the configuration stuff.

Offline ReWinD

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 01:10:31 PM »
Hello,
thx for your answer !

I can create i folder in Evolution, but i think the folder is locally created (in my computer) !

How are you creating the folder?

I try with roundcube on mitre "prefs" and in "folder" we can add manually a new folder... (normally)

But the only thing i get, is an error message saying "could not create file".

Any new idea ?

Thx a lot

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 10:18:27 PM »
Hmm... does the IMAP user have permission to create folders (not from outside of the IMAP client)

Offline ReWinD

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 12:48:34 PM »
Yes, cause my imapd daemon seems to run under the user who invoques it >> my user = testmail

Code: [Select]
ps aux | grep imap

testmail 21444 0.0 0.2  3308 1044 ?    S  15:58  0:00 /usr/bin/imapd Maildir

but i get this error logged

Code: [Select]

IMAP Error in /var/www/html/roundcube/program/steps/mail/sendmail.inc (): Could not save message in Sent
PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent in /var/www/html/roundcube/program/include/rcube_shared.inc on line 132

:'(