Author Topic: Problem sending mail & layout of new beta  (Read 4812 times)

Offline bigmac2889

Problem sending mail & layout of new beta
« on: October 06, 2008, 02:03:31 AM »
I recently tried to upgrade to the new beta version of roundcube and ran into a few problems. The first major issue was that my send buttons would not work. I could compose but send no messages. The second was that everything seemed to be layed out funny. There was no border between sections and a lot of the menus had scroll bars that never did before(like the folder menu). Any ideas?

Offline rosali

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 02:57:38 AM »
did you clear the browser cache? maybe your browser used cached app.js and css style sheets of prior installation.
Regards,
Rosali

Offline Royan

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 04:48:52 AM »
I have the same sending problem.
The problem occurs on a windows 2003 box using IE7, Firefox 3, Google Chrome, Safari 3.1.2, Opera 9.01

I have break on script error i IE, and I get the following errors when I try to compose a message, and send it:
Code: [Select]

Script error 1:
on entering compose page:
error: Line 2047 (i assume it is in app.js)
    if (editor = tinyMCE.get('compose-body'))
Object doesn't support this property or method

Code: [Select]

Script error 2:
on pressing "Send" button:
error: Line 1982 (i assume it is in app.js)
    if ((!window.tinyMCE || !tinyMCE.get('compose-body')) && input_message.value == '' && !confirm(this.get_label('nobodywarning')))

Object doesn't support this property or method

I do not seem to have the same problem on a vista machine running ff3 (although that could be a caching issue).

Royan

Offline bigmac2889

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 10:45:49 AM »
I don't have time this week but I will test it again and make sure to clear the cache. I will post if it worked. Thanks for the advice.

Offline Royan

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 03:02:21 PM »
I have tested again on my vista machine.
Firefox3, Chrome, Opera 9.5, IE7.
All work as they should.

Same browsers on a windows 2003 machine fails as described above.

There is no caching involved, as I have never used my roundcube "client" in most of the browsers.

Royan

Offline bigmac2889

Random Fix
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 11:21:33 AM »
I ran through  the update again as before and for some reason it did not freak out this time. Worked perfectly first time so may have been a cache issue. Thanks for the help and I love Rouncube!

Offline koppor

Still having issues
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 09:17:50 AM »
Hi,

Using Internet Explorer 7 and Firefox 3.0.5, I still have the issue. (SVN Revision 2262)

Using firebug, I tracked down the problem to
/program/js/app.js, line 2048
"tinyMCE.get is not a function"

Maybe it is a library issue on Debian/stable?

Cheers,

Olly

Offline rosali

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 02:54:31 PM »
You refer to the empty body check in ./program/js/app.js starting at line 2047 and ending at line 2057. Comment out the stuff and check again. It seems - whatever causing it - TinyMCE object is not ready initialized on your system when the script runs into the check. My suggestion is not a solution just an attempt for a workaround. You can also create a ticket @ trac.roundcube.net to address the issue to devs. But it is really hard for them to work on a fix, if there is no step by step instruction how to reproduce the issue. I'm not a member of the dev crew, just my 2cents!

IMO, it is not a server side problem. TinyMCE is javascript. So it is completely executed by the browser. JS blockers, web content filters or whatever my cause trouble.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 02:57:39 PM by rosali »
Regards,
Rosali