Author Topic: 0.2-beta (SVN trunk-r1968) Compose Window Issues  (Read 6276 times)

Offline dbacon

0.2-beta (SVN trunk-r1968) Compose Window Issues
« on: October 09, 2008, 10:22:39 AM »
Running through some tests on roundcube 0.2-beta (SVN trunk-r1968), I came across the following issues in the compose window.

1. Send Now Button - The "Send Now" button below the message area is disabled or grayed out.

2. Cancel Button - The "Cancel" button next to the "Send Now" button is also disabled or grayed out.

3. HTML Editor - The HTML editor can not be enabled.

I have roundcube 0.2-beta installed on an Ubuntu server with all the latest PHP and MySQL apps.

The compose window issues occur in both IE7 and FF3.0

Additionally, while in IE, an "Error on Page" message displays in the lower left corner of the browser.

Enabling the error message option in IE provides the following error when first going in to the compose window:

Line: 21
Char: 3
Error: 'tinyMCE' is undefined
Code: 0
URL: http://(my url)/?
_task=mail&_id=103582959148ecc60d90257&_action=com pose

This same error occurs one more time (right after the first time) only with these changes:

Line: 2110
Char: 7

The same error occurs again when clicking on the "E-Mail" button to return to the main email display with the follwing changes:

Line: 2048
Char: 5

It looks like these errors, along with the disabled "Send Now" and "Cancel" buttons might be related to the issue where the HTML compose feature won't enable.

I've searched the forums for discussions on these issues with 0.2-beta (SVN trunk-r1968) and didn't have any luck. Are these known issues and are there any resolutions?

Thank you,

Dave

Offline dano

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 12:37:50 PM »
Any errors listed in your webserver log?

Javascript is I am sure enabled in your browsers.

Offline dbacon

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 05:38:19 PM »
I've checked the logs in "/var/log/apache2/error.log" and it looks like roundcube compose is looking for "/usr/share/tinymce2"  (File does not exist).

I do have the tinymce package installed to the default location of "/usr/share/tinymce".  So as a test, I temporarily renamed "/usr/share/tinymce" to "/usr/share/tinymce2".  Making this simple change allows the HTML editor to display in the roundcube compose window (first time it's done that for me).  It also prevents the "Send Now" button from being disabled, but still not functional.  The "Send Now" button will now depress, but nothing happens.

So looking at the error log again it's reporting that it can't locate the spellchecker in "/usr/share/tinymce2/www/plugins/spellchecker".

Now I'm a bit confused, I read that roundcube comes with tinymce integrated with the roundcube package.  And indeed, I did locate a copy of the tinymce files in "./roundcube/program/js/tiny_mce".

If roundcube already includes its own copy of tinymce, then why is it looking for tinymce outside of the roundcube path?  (in my case it's looking for tinymce in /usr/share/tinymce2).  I think this is a huge clue towards resloving the compose issues I'm seeing.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and please let me know if there is anything else I can do to work through this.

Dave

Offline dano

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 11:59:41 AM »
Yes RC does have TinyMCE integrated and I have no idea why RC would be looking for it elsewhere.

You have TinyMCE installed for something else already, is it maybe a caching issue?  Either with your browser or the server where you use your original TinyMCE install and a path is set then when you try to use RC it's not getting overwritten?

Offline dbacon

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 05:00:50 PM »
TinyMCE Problem Resolved

I now have RoundCube Compose working properly on my Ubuntu Server.

As a test, I decided to completely start over with my server.  Since it is a development server I did not have any problem erasing Ubuntu and starting over again.  But this time I decided to not install the GUI XWindows / KDE environment.

Without further testing, I won't know for sure if XWindows / KDE caused the issues with TinyMCE.  When I have time I may install X11 and KDE to see if they cause any issues with the RoundCube Compose window.

Thank you dano for your replies.  I think you were correct in that there may have been a path set somewhere causing RoundCube to look for TinyMCE outside of its own directories.

Dave