Author Topic: Upgradeing to Beta 2  (Read 5956 times)

Offline Saint

Upgradeing to Beta 2
« on: August 11, 2006, 04:32:33 PM »
How do I run the update .sql file? I tried importing it through phpMyAdmin and it gave me:

SQL query:

-- RoundCube Webmail update script for MySQL databases
-- Updates from version 0.1-20051007
ALTER TABLE `session` ADD `ip` VARCHAR( 15 ) NOT NULL AFTER CHANGED ;

MySQL said: Documentation
#1060 - Duplicate column name 'ip'

Tried running it as a query, but it gave me a similar error. Not sure what other way to update the database. Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,
S

Offline jrmy

Re: Upgradeing to Beta 2
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 04:47:07 PM »
The update file contains groups of commands to update from different versions. I didn't realize this until it also gave me the same error messages.

Open the file in a text editor such as wordpad and find the section that applies to the version you are updating from. Then delete the rest and use that file.

Offline UPN1541

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 05:14:54 PM »
Quote from: jrmy
The update file contains groups of commands to update from different versions. I didn't realize this until it also gave me the same error messages.

Open the file in a text editor such as wordpad and find the section that applies to the version you are updating from. Then delete the rest and use that file.

I too ran into this when I was trying to upgrade. Thanks for the tip!

Offline hazlett

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 07:14:57 PM »
I simply did a new install in another folder and used the original database with no problems.....

Offline jrmy

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 09:18:56 PM »
Quote from: hazlett
I simply did a new install in another folder and used the original database with no problems.....

Just depends on how old the version you were running was. There is a good chance you upgraded from a version that was new enough to not require a db change.

Offline Saint

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006, 12:05:54 AM »
Yea, thats what it was. Didn't know what version I had and I didn't read the comments at first.

Offline jan.gestre

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2006, 04:12:50 AM »
i just svn to 314 and it showed another SQL updates, how do i install the updates to current database? is there is a specific command? i tried this but had some errors:

%mysql -u root -p roundcubemail < trunk/roundcubemail/SQL/mysql.update.sql
Enter password:
ERROR 1060 (42S21) at line 5: Duplicate column name 'ip'

TIA

Offline jrmy

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 12:18:57 PM »
As stated above,

You will need to remove the updates that you do not need. Open up the sql file and you will see it's divided into sections. Most likely you will only need the top section. Just delete the rest and run again.