Author Topic: Still problems with attaching files  (Read 5283 times)

Offline Mark

Still problems with attaching files
« on: August 14, 2006, 01:12:38 PM »
Hi,

I still have this problem:

Quote from: Mark
when I try to attach a file I get the browse/upload box, I select a file and click on "upload". It seems to do something but the file will not be displayed. When I send the mail anyway it doesn't contain the attachment. When I look into the "temp" directory it creates a folder like "23745686944cf5cc24c809" and in it a file like "rcmAttmntih4php" but the file is empty.

I think the problem could be the write permission of the created folders. The temp directory has CHMOD 777, the created folders in it have CHMOD 755, the created (empty) files have CHMOD 600. I already tried to chmod the created folders with the chmod() function in func.inc after mkdir($temp_dir) but it didn't work either.
Any suggestions?

Mark

Offline fibbers

Re: Still problems with attaching files
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 08:01:50 PM »
Maybe the owner is not set correctly or anything.

If you upload multiple files and check the permissions, especially the owner, of the created files, then what do you see? Do you see usernames like '3459045' and other weird numbers? Or do you see the same owner for all the files (e.g. 'nobody':'nogroup')?

It might be that you have a value in Apache set wrong concerning the user it runs as.
Gewoon: chill.