Author Topic: Need a few TWEAKS on LARRY  (Read 8368 times)

Offline KeyJockey

Need a few TWEAKS on LARRY
« on: August 31, 2012, 11:30:46 AM »
Hi All:

Finally getting our RC installation updated, really like the new Larry theme!

However we have a customized install of RC to integrate it with our site, and I've previously tweaked the old classic theme to fit our design.  So if we want to use Larry now I'll have to do the same thing.  Couple of questions so far...

1. Larry seems to default a bit WIDER as minimum width than Classic theme, but that makes a horizontal scroll bar appear more often in our setup (I have to run RC inside a frame).  What do I need to edit to make default min width about the same as Classic?

2. Similar to #1 there's a bit of wasted space at the BOTTOM of Larry, where the small amount of LINEN.JPG background shows below the boxed elements of the rest of the UI.  We need that space back for our chat bar running below the mail window stuff... how can I get the background edge moved UP just about half of the distance that's currently there?  (sorry if this is not clear, I can post a screen cap later if needed).

3. I'd like the login page to have " @ourdomain.com " pre-filled-in on the USERNAME field to help our users understand they need to put in their whole email address and not just the name part before the @.  I managed to do this before in the old RC version but now forgotten how I did it, LOL.  Any suggestions for where to find this, much obliged.

There may be a few other things once I get into this more fully, but that's what I've hit so far.

Thanks in advance for all help, and THANKS in general for RoundCube!  The best WebMail system by far!

-JC

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Need a few TWEAKS on LARRY
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 08:32:59 PM »
1. Change the min-width on the .minwidth class in the styles.css
2. Assuming I understand you correctly change the bottom property in #mainscreen
3. I would assume that you would need to change the skin to do that, but if your only using one domain for RoundCube why don't you set the username_domain config option so users don't have to type in there full email address?

Offline KeyJockey

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 09:00:38 AM »
Hey SKaero:

Thanks a bunch... all 3 of those above are perfect, just what I needed and worked great. 8)

I'm sure I'll have more questions & be back later for more but looking good for now, upgrade's going well... thanks again :)

-JC

Offline generaltso

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 05:15:49 PM »
Larry is great, I agree. Thanks to whoever designed it.

But I also came here looking for a solution on why it's so wide. I couldn't believe it was such an easy fix. 1100 pixels is overkill. I lowered it to 800px and now it works great!

Offline KeyJockey

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 09:42:42 PM »
800 px GeneralTso? 

I found that it needed to be not less than about 950, otherwise stuff starts to crash into each other, toolbar etc...

Might want to check that to be sure...

Offline KeyJockey

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 07:09:49 PM »
Well, I'm back (as expected)... & I got a little tougher problem this time (well, maybe: at least it's tough to me... I can't figure it out).

I've ended up needing to convert the toolbar icons on Larry to "buttons" since we decided to overlay everything on our own background again, rather than using the new "linen" texture. 

So far so good, but there's a problem with the button LABEL text being overlapped by part of the PNG image (which is not transparent now) for the two-part buttons, with the dropdown control on their right-sides.

Also the transparency on the right-side of the buttons isn't quite right when the buttons are disabled.

This is easier to SHOW in a picture, than explain in words.

Take a look at this animated GIF file, to illustrate the above.

I'm sure this is all probably fixable in the CSS somehow, but I've no idea where/how to do it best. 

Any/all help much appreciated  :)

-JC

P.S. {Edit} Oops, never mind on the transparency question, just managed to figure that out. 

Apparently in styles.css the opacity for the main button area is .4 but it is set for .5 for the add-on part...

Code: [Select]
.dropbutton a.button.disabled + .dropbuttontip {
opacity: 0.5;
filter: alpha(opacity=50);
}

...so changing that to .4 (and 40 for the alpha line) seems to have fixed it.

As far as getting the label to show, however... I'm still stuck  :-\
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 09:41:01 PM by KeyJockey »

Offline KeyJockey

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 12:28:12 PM »
Small update, if anyone's out there interested & following this thread...  ;)

I couldn't figure out how to get the text label "above" the png graphic, but managed to work around it by just shortening the text a bit.

So, our "Larry" integration/customization seems mostly done now, works well and looking good IMHO. 

Here's a screen cap FYI:

I might still tweak a couple other things but the big stuff seems done.

Thanks again to all RoundCube folks, best Webmail by far!

-JC