Author Topic: Email Import from Office Outlook  (Read 14418 times)

Offline LeeUK

Email Import from Office Outlook
« on: November 08, 2008, 07:40:34 PM »
Hello, is there anyway to import my mass of emails from Office Outlook into RoundCube?

I'm trying to get away from having my email on my desktop to having it all available on webmail so I can access all my email from any computer, anywhere. :)

Offline revo

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 12:00:25 AM »
It can be done but depending on how Outlook is connecting to your mail server will dictate how to do it. Let us know how you are connecting to your mail server and we can help you modify Outlook to allow the functionality you are looking for in roundcube. Remember, roundcube is just a web frontend to your mailbox on the server.

Offline LeeUK

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 10:56:40 AM »
I have Office Outlook on my PC connecting to my POP3 server and that just downloads the mails to my PC. I can easily switch it to IMAP for all future new emails but I need to be able to upload all my old current POP3 email out of Office Outlook on my PC onto the IMAP server for future reference etc.

Offline revo

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 04:48:36 PM »
For emails, the easiest way is to close Outlook and go into Control Panel-->Mail--Email Accounts and delete your existing pop3 account. Once that is done create a new account with your IMAP server settings (roundcube server). Then open Outlook and you should see your old "Personal Folders" tree and a new tree for the IMAP server. If you see both all you need to do is drag/drop emails from your "Personal Folders" to the corresponding folders in the new location.

Offline ronald

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 05:49:11 PM »
There was a plugin I wrote a while back which was picked up and worked on by Chris (BlueC), which would allow you to import your addresses by exporting them from Outlook as a .csv file, and just importing them straight into RC. It might be worth a look.

Import .CSV Address Book - RoundCube Webmail Forum

Ronald.

Offline LeeUK

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 06:46:40 PM »
Quote from: ronald;15358
There was a plugin I wrote a while back which was picked up and worked on by Chris (BlueC), which would allow you to import your addresses by exporting them from Outlook as a .csv file, and just importing them straight into RC. It might be worth a look.

Import .CSV Address Book - RoundCube Webmail Forum

Ronald.

Its the actual emails I want to import not the address book. Thanks anyway, still handy :)