Author Topic: Calendar plugin recommendation  (Read 7160 times)

Offline peter4220

Calendar plugin recommendation
« on: August 26, 2023, 01:41:28 PM »
Hi there

I have installed Roundcube 1.6.2 and the CardDAV plugin and it works well with Nextcloud.

I also want to install a CalDAV plugin, but I can't get some of them to work. I have tried with:
  • collab/calendar
  • cociweb/calendar
  • texxasrulez/calendar
  • scope-coop/roundcube_caldav
They all fail with different kinds of failure.

Is there a recommendation and an installation guide that works :-)

It all runs on an Ubuntu Jammy 22.04 which is fully updated

Offline eMarcus

Re: Calendar plugin recommendation
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2024, 10:59:27 AM »
Hi,

I would have exactly the very same question.

I tried tried the texxasrulez/calendar plugin, but the installation fails with a dependency error:

Code: [Select]
Loading composer repositories with package information
Updating dependencies
Your requirements could not be resolved to an installable set of packages.

Problem 1                                                                                                                                                                                   
    - Root composer.json requires texxasrulez/calendar ~0.0.7.0 -> satisfiable by texxasrulez/calendar[0.0.7].                                                                               
    - texxasrulez/calendar 0.0.7 requires roundcube/plugin-installer ~0.1.6 -> found roundcube/plugin-installer[0.1.6, ..., 0.1.10] but it conflicts with your root composer.json require (~0.
3.1).                                                                                                                                                                                         

Use the option --with-all-dependencies (-W) to allow upgrades, downgrades and removals for packages currently locked to specific versions.                                                   

I am wondering if I can just downgrade the plugin-installer, or if I would break anything (0.3.1 -> 0.1.6 sounds a bit much of a downgrade...)

Could anyone comment on that, or advise me to another CALDAV plugin?

Thanks
Marcus.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2024, 05:08:27 PM »
Looks like its a long standing issue with the plugin https://github.com/texxasrulez/calendar/issues/22

Offline andreashaerter

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2024, 09:07:15 PM »
Do not use these outdated plugins, they are all broken and/or unmaintained.

However, the active and well maintained https://git.kolab.org/diffusion/RPK/browse/master/plugins/calendar/ works perfectly fine with SabreDAV / Nextcloud and DAViCal with a little patch of kolab_dav_client.php. They only have a small error in URL parsing, leading to line-break-chars in different parts of the URL, so the request sent to the server are send wrongly. This is the only thing preventing the plugin to properly communicate with most CalDAV servers. I am going to prepare an upstream patch as well as a blog posting about the setup within the next days.

Offline eMarcus

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2024, 02:42:29 PM »
Hi,

Thanks very much and please let us know, when the patch is available!

Thanks,
Marcus.

Offline Moeppi

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2024, 05:56:08 AM »
Hi Andreas (andreashaerter),

Im also very interested in your workthrough on how to get Roundcube working with the calendar plugin from kolab and CalDAV integration.

In my case I have tried the calendar plugin of Roundcube+, but thats not the same. With their calendar plugin they turn Roundcube itself into a CalDAV server (where external calendar clients can connect to (read/write)). But I only want to connect Roundcube to an external CalDAV calendar, at the side of my mail provider.

So, Im also waiting and will be happy about your recommendations or better a little HowTo, on how to get things working :D .

Thanks in advance, Moeppi
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 05:39:00 AM by Moeppi »