Author Topic: umich skin  (Read 56722 times)

Offline ksteinhoff

umich skin
« on: November 17, 2008, 04:21:17 PM »
While deploying RoundCube at the University of Michigan we developed a new skin. It is a modern, open interface with tools and actions arranged with optimal usability in mind. Light color blocks and borders delineate application areas without drawing too much attention or drawing focus away from the content. (We have changed many of the strings in labels.inc file to reduce the length of some labels.)

Offline hasan88

umich skin
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 02:01:23 PM »
Hello,
great topic, but I have problems that pointed to the picture. How do I fix this problem.

Offline ksteinhoff

umich skin
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 11:43:59 AM »
Quote from: hasan88;15309
Hello,
great topic, but I have problems that pointed to the picture. How do I fix this problem.

The default strings in labels.inc (e.g. program/localization/en_US/labels.inc) are rather long because they are used as tool tips in the default skin. The umich skin displays the strings as part of the buttons.

You should be able to fix this by editing your labels.inc file to use shorter strings for those buttons. For example, use "Reply," "Reply All," "Forward," etc.

Offline hasan88

umich skin
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 01:46:17 PM »
Thank you very much handle it great tabernacle.
Another question to me is not spam button poevi

Offline cbtrussell

umich skin
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 09:25:05 AM »
EXCELLENT skin, thanks for posting!

Offline Yann

umich skin
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 12:46:41 AM »
Great theme, keep up the good work. But I think there is a bug in the skin with IE7. Other pages are fine except for the mail (inbox)page. Firefox works just fine.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 12:50:23 AM by Yann »

Offline tiagomr

Great, and usage?
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 11:12:42 AM »
Great job man, but where disk usage? I like this feature and I like a lot your skin, and now, how I get this.

Wow, Now okay, I make the thing work

« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 01:31:40 PM by tiagomr »

Offline pcnyla

umich skin
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 01:21:31 PM »
Love this theme, but have the same problem as Yann, any suggestions on how to fix?

Thanks in advance

Offline kleddan87

umich skin
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 10:02:26 AM »
Hi,

this skin looks very great. i installed it and edited the labels.inc with the Windows-Editor. When i edit the entrys in the labels.inc, my browser shows me an error with the message that my code is wrong. which program do i need to edit the labels.inc correctly?

greets

Offline ksteinhoff

umich skin
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 10:18:30 AM »
Quote from: Yann;15444
Great theme, keep up the good work. But I think there is a bug in the skin with IE7. Other pages are fine except for the mail (inbox)page. Firefox works just fine.

Yann and pcnyla,

It looks like the horizontal divider bar is being placed at the bottom of the screen. You should be able to drag it up to a better position. We saw this problem too, but the divider was placed at the top of the screen (we think that's fixed).

Did this happen randomly? Or after a window resize, or something? If you can provide steps to reproduce the problem, it will help in finding a fix.

Offline ksteinhoff

umich skin
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 10:28:14 AM »
Quote from: kleddan87
this skin looks very great. i installed it and edited the labels.inc with the Windows-Editor. When i edit the entrys in the labels.inc, my browser shows me an error with the message that my code is wrong. which program do i need to edit the labels.inc correctly?

What's the error message?

Offline kleddan87

umich skin
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 10:53:23 AM »
Quote from: ksteinhoff;15684
What's the error message?

firefox told me that the codification would be not correct, because i edited the labels.inc file with the Windows-Editor. Then i tried to edit it with the HTML-Editor Phase 5 and it worked :-). So it was just a noob-question, because i thought i could simply edit it with the Editor.

But there is still one question... :-D.

where are the buttons to ex- or import contacts from / to my addressbook?

greets and thanks for the fast reply,

Kleddan87
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 11:08:35 AM by kleddan87 »

Offline Yann

umich skin
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 03:14:41 PM »
Quote from: ksteinhoff;15682
Yann and pcnyla,

It looks like the horizontal divider bar is being placed at the bottom of the screen. You should be able to drag it up to a better position. We saw this problem too, but the divider was placed at the top of the screen (we think that's fixed).

Did this happen randomly? Or after a window resize, or something? If you can provide steps to reproduce the problem, it will help in finding a fix.

The problem is if you check Show preview pane, it works fine (with the preview pane). But if the preview pane is unchecked (off), the bottom of the mail page looks like the picture in my previous post http://www.roundcubeforum.net/theme-releases/3850-umich-skin.html. Once again, there is no problem in firefox, only in IE (and I'm using IE7).
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 11:36:56 PM by Yann »

Offline ksteinhoff

umich skin
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 04:34:43 PM »
Quote from: kleddan87;15685
where are the buttons to ex- or import contacts from / to my addressbook?

We don't use those features in our service, so we didn't include them in the skin, sorry. We may add them in the future.

Offline ksteinhoff

umich skin
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008, 04:41:59 PM »
Quote from: Yann;15688
The problem is if you check Show preview pane, it works fine (with the preview pane). But if the preview pane is unchecked (off), the bottom of the mail page looks like the picture in my previous post http://www.roundcubeforum.net/theme-releases/3850-umich-skin.html. Once again, there is no problem is firefox, only in IE (and I'm using IE7).

Thanks for the clarification, Yann. I've replicated the behavior in IE6 as well. This is a bug with IE when the preview pane is off.