Author Topic: HTML mails messages not displayed  (Read 4119 times)

Offline amphora

HTML mails messages not displayed
« on: November 25, 2008, 06:14:06 AM »
Everything else seems to work fine but when I trye to view a mail composed in HTML it just displays a blank page. It happens in the preview pane but also in when you doubleclick on a message then I only get a big white blank page. With plaintext mails it works perfect. I did some debugging myself and it seems that in show.inc the last  $OUTPUT->send('message'); command isn't working as it should. the ParseXML command followed by that isn't returning anything and the script executing just stops (without any errors). logs and temp folder are writeable so that's not it either.

I also tried the SVN version to check if it might be a bug that has been fixed but same issue here.

Any idea's?

Offline rosali

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 07:10:59 AM »
Did you run /installer/check.php for configuration checking. It sounds to be a PHP issue not a RoundCube bug.
Regards,
Rosali

Offline amphora

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 07:40:33 AM »
Quote from: rosali;15431
Did you run /installer/check.php for configuration checking. It sounds to be a PHP issue not a RoundCube bug.

Just running http://www.domain.com/roundcube/installer/check.php in browser results in:

Code: [Select]
Checking PHP version

Fatal error: Call to a member function fail() on a non-object in /var/www/html/roundcube/installer/check.php on line 47

Before I upgraded from 0.1 to 0.2 it was working but there were some session issues (nobody was able to login anymore) so I upgraded. After upgrade I could log in but now I have this issue. PHP configuration hasn't changed.

Offline rosali

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 07:50:03 AM »
Sorry, you can't run the check script directly. It is part of the installer and must be launched by /installer/index.php.

Nethertheless I see from the error log that it failed on line 47. There is the PHP version check located. So it looks like you do not have at least PHP 5.2.0. Unlike than v0.1 recent v0.2 requires at least PHP 5.2.0!

start check.php line 44
Code: [Select]

define('MIN_PHP_VERSION', '5.2.0');
if (version_compare(PHP_VERSION, MIN_PHP_VERSION, '>=')) {
    $RCI->pass('Version', 'PHP ' . PHP_VERSION . ' detected');
} else {
    $RCI->fail('Version', 'PHP Version ' . MIN_PHP_VERSION . ' or greater is required ' . PHP_VERSION . ' detected');
}
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 09:25:39 AM by rosali »
Regards,
Rosali

Offline amphora

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 09:14:33 AM »
Hmm. That must be it then. Currently i'm on PHP version 5.1.6

Thanks for the help! Now to figure out how to upgrade PHP without destroying it :)

Offline amphora

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 10:19:59 AM »
I upgraded to php 5.2.6 and it was still not working though.

But when starting the installer (after enabling installer in config) it also seemes DOM functions was missing so I also had to install php-xml

Now everything seems to work again. Thanks!

Offline rosali

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 03:28:17 AM »
Could you please post here how you added DOM functions? There are other threads where users ask how to do this.
Regards,
Rosali

Offline amphora

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 04:23:20 AM »
I upgraded PHP using rpm's from RPM Search for my linux distro (Fedora Core 6 in my case). Installing the additional php-xml rpm was easy as pie using this method.