Author Topic: Cannot log into IMAP server  (Read 7397 times)

Offline shadoxity

Cannot log into IMAP server
« on: October 21, 2008, 05:46:11 PM »
Hey guys,

Trying to setup roundcube, have the database and all setup.
I am using it with hmailserver and ASSP.

Everything checks out and gives the OK and i can send SMTP test emails but it wont connect to the IMAP server.

I can connect via imap through outlook, i can telnet the port locally and on the network but it just doesnt work.

Here is the error it gives me.

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to localhost:143 (A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. ) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\webmail\program\lib\imap.inc on line 545
IMAP connect:  NOT OK(Could not connect to localhost at port 143: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. )

I hope you can help me, i dont know what else to do

Offline rosali

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 12:48:32 AM »
What do logs of IMAP server say?
Regards,
Rosali

Offline shadoxity

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 03:36:16 AM »
Roundcube doesnt even make contact with the imap server so there is nothing in the log of it.

The only thing i have is in the roundcube log which says
 IMAP Error: Could not connect to localhost at port 143: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
 in  on line 0 (POST /webmail/index.php?_task=&_action=login)

so i have no idea what to do, cause imap works via telnet and outlook, so seems to be to do with roundcube.

Cheers

Offline shadoxity

Fixed it!!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 04:56:47 AM »
FIXED IT!!!!

Eventually stumbled across a post on the hmailserver forums, where someone had to put in the IP address of the server instead of local host, sure enough this worked :D

Any idea why that would be? seems stranage

Cheers

Offline Vispa

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 03:46:34 AM »
I think that you have a configuration problem

$rcmail_config['default_host'] = 'YourDomain or IP';

$rcmail_config['default_port'] = 143;

$rcmail_config['imap_auth_type'] = null;

$rcmail_config['username_domain'] = 'YourNameDomain';

$rcmail_config['mail_domain'] = 'YourDomain or IP';

Later you must remember that in User you have to write the email that you have created in hmailserver and in Password, the password that you have defined.