Author Topic: Storage when using POP Servers  (Read 6156 times)

Offline donbusi

Storage when using POP Servers
« on: November 28, 2008, 11:24:16 AM »
Hi all,

[I didn't find any information on the following questions so far. If they've allready been discussed, please show me where. Thanx]

I know that when I configure RoundCube to connect to a IMAP Server, the required storage per user is rather small.

But some email-providers don't offer IMAP access, or only for "premium" accounts. So when my users connect to these services via POP, does this require just more traffic between my server and the email-provider or does this also increase the required space per user on my server?

Furthermore... I know that when using IMAP, any changes are propagated to the original mailbox as well, what about accessing the server via POP?

What happens with messages that are sent or deleted from within roundcube in this case?

Thanx a lot for you answers & have a nice weekend,
DonBusi

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Storage when using POP Servers
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 12:40:13 PM »
Hi,

Roundcube is an IMAP client. There is no POP3 support at all so you would have to add it yourself or see if you can find a patch. It would require space on your server to store all the user's messages. As for the rest... you need to look into the differences between POP3 and IMAP basically with POP3 you either leave a copy on the server or not that is all you can do.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦