Author Topic: Managesieve patch  (Read 57170 times)

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Managesieve patch
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2008, 11:11:34 AM »
mk_asdf: I think I tracked down the problem with deleting rules, it only happened with the first rule and it should be fixed in the latest version of the patch (r2184).

Aoster: I had another look at the problem of putting “<” in the filter text. I have removed the stripping of HTML tags and instead encode/decode the characters as needed, this allows you to use “<” but I am not sure if it opens the script up to other problems.

Thanks again to everyone for their feedback. The new version also includes to possibility to disable a rule rather than delete it.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline timtraver

Managesieve patch
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 07:45:26 PM »
ok, trying to add your plugin, and am getting an odd behavior.

It appears to have patched properly (I used the latest stable release and used your patch). The only thing I had to do was remove the two entries to create the png images, because somehow, those weren't working.

But, the real issue, is that now when I go to use the "Filters" tab, nothing gets triggered, meaning nothing happens. I can click around on the Identities and Folders tabs, but the Filters tab simply doesn't work.

I noticed the URL that gets created from those tabs, and changed the URL to point to ?_task=settings&_action=sieverules and it did go to your sive filter page...

Does anyone have any idea as to why the tab isn't clicking??? Is it not enabled?

Thanks,

Tim.

Offline timtraver

Managesieve patch
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 07:57:49 PM »
wait...I found out that the patch to app.js failed.... not sure why, because I did it on the 0.2 stable release...

you may want to check your patches against that...I will see if I can find it...

Tim

Offline timtraver

Managesieve patch
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 08:28:36 PM »
ok, I found the issue.

I guess a recent development is to remove all of the comments and whitespace from the app.js to make it smaller, so there is now an app.js.src which has the full code that you patched against, and the app.js file is a stripped version.

So, not sure how you want to handle that....I suppose I can just change the patch locally to point to the src file and then remove the whitespace, or just copy the app.js.src file to the app.js file when finished...

Tim.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Managesieve patch
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 06:26:16 AM »
yes you are quite right. the version of 0.2 stable in the svn has regular JS files while the tarball on the RC site has compacted ones. I wonder why they are different, no matter, I will try and make a new version of the patch later for the compacted js files.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Managesieve patch
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2009, 05:03:59 PM »
added a patch for the release version from the RC website, please see top post.

Offline swartel

Managesieve patch
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2009, 02:35:47 PM »
Hi John,
I tried to patch RC 0.2 beta. All seem ok except for the file function.js that does not exist anymore in this release.
So, when I click on the tab, i get a blank page with the url ?_task=settings&_action=sieverules

What do I need to modify ? maybe something in app.js ?
Thanks by advance for your help ;)

Stephane

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Managesieve patch
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2009, 05:21:09 AM »
The patch is for version 0.2stable. It will not work with 0.2beta, the code uses functions that were not added until after 0.2beta was released.

Offline roe1234

slurp existing file
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2009, 01:15:30 PM »
I can't seem to get roundcube to see an existing rule file, written by hand.  I have ensured it is "active", meaning .dovecot-sieve is pointing to it, and that it is named "roundcube.sieve.  Any thoughts?

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Managesieve patch
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2009, 01:29:26 PM »
The rule files on the server are written in a certain way that this code can understand, if you wrote a rule by hand the script probably wont understand it unless you have used the right formatting.

Offline roe1234

I would appreciate your indulgence
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2009, 07:27:48 PM »
general pastebin - Mine - post number 1306161

this pastebin represent both the one "real" filter created by hand and a test one I created using your plugin.  I can't see a difference between the two formats.  It is altogether possible I am blind though.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Managesieve patch
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2009, 08:11:58 AM »
I cant see a difference either. I loaded your rules into my sieve file and the plugin recognised them fine. Are there any errors in the RC error log or in the dovecot log?

Offline roe1234

No Errors
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2009, 10:28:37 AM »
The only thing that I can think is that we are not using the newest roundcube/patch combo.  We are still using the pre0.2stable version

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Managesieve patch
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2009, 10:56:27 AM »
do you mean 0.2beta or an SVN version?

Offline roe1234

SVN version
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2009, 11:45:42 AM »
and SVN version