News and Announcements > General Discussion

How To Change the Text

(1/1)

jperez3:
how to do I edit the text on the login page

I'd like it to say "Email Address" rather than Username

rosali:
./program/localization/{en_US}/labels.inc

Make sure to use an appropriate Editor (f.e.: flo's freeware - Notepad2) and save files UTF-8 encoded without signature (BOM).

rafmanito:

--- Quote from: rosali;15599 ---./program/localization/{en_US}/labels.inc

Make sure to use an appropriate Editor (f.e.: flo's freeware - Notepad2) and save files UTF-8 encoded without signature (BOM).
--- End quote ---
I, too, changed the labels.inc. Restarted httpd... did not show, refreshed browser, did not show... I'm sorry, is there anything else I need to restart for it to reflect the change. Thank you.

Also, along the same line, I wanted to try another "skin/theme". Copy the files to the /skins folder, edited the config/main.inc.php file for "skin path..." or something like that. Nothing happens though... hmmm. The "default" folder in the skins folder, I assume is, as it says, the default theme, is it not? Well, just to see, I also renamed this folder to make it crash. No, it did not crash. It's still showing the default theme. Where is it coming from then?... puzzled!

Hope you guys can shed some light,
Regards,

rosali:
Make sure you have changed labels.inc within the appropriate language folder. Changed labels show up immediately unless the page is cached in the browser. So, clear your browser cache.

Skins are located in "skins" folder "./skins/{skin name}". If you add a new skin, also go to preferences and adjust choosen skin on a per user level.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version